Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Future of these people???

Future of these people???

Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

UAE Expat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Future of these people???

I have just newly arrived to Doobye and was total shocked to read the GN 30th Ann section.

On which part of the world a person twice as old than the country he is living in itself?

Blimey the man is living here since 1940's and yet they call him an expat, I assume he wont be having a place to go back to

'We read every report ... to see the world'
By Mohammad Jihad, Community Web Journalist
Published: September 30, 2008, 01:18

Dubai: People gathered every day in small groups waiting to hear a man tell them the events happening around the world. He was not the oracle ... he just happened to have Gulf News.

Back when street names were non-existent and Jumeirah was considered "outside" Dubai, 59-year-old Hussain Abdullah gathered with his friends and colleagues every morning, before work, to discuss reports in Gulf News.

He has been reading the newspaper for over 20 years.

Abdullah, a Pakistani expatriate, moved with his mother to Dubai, in 1948, at the age of one, to live with his father who was a "nakhuda" - an Iranian term for a fisherman - and grew up watching the country evolve."

http://archive.gulfnews.com/indepth/.../10248622.html

Last edited by UAE Expat; Sep 30th 2008 at 5:01 pm. Reason: link