British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Fuses for cars? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/fuses-cars-654847/)

Bungdit Din Feb 15th 2010 4:17 am

Fuses for cars?

can I buy fuses for a car fusebox anywhere other than a dealership?

Roadking Feb 15th 2010 4:20 am

Re: Fuses for cars?

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din (Post 8342790)

Yep, most roadside car suppliers or Yellow whatever or Ace Hardware or....

Jeeper Feb 15th 2010 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din (Post 8342790)

I do not know for certain but in NZ I would by them at any car parts supplier......

Yellow Hat maybe? www.yellowhat.ae

Any of the car repairs shops in satwa/direa/bur dubai/karama/rashidiya etc would have them i'm sure.

Jeeper Feb 15th 2010 4:24 am

Beepers in Cars.

Do they have their own fuse that I can unplug?

The car I have at present beeps like an armageddon warning the moment I get in the car!:scaredhair:

Millhouse Feb 15th 2010 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 8342800)
Beepers in Cars.

Do they have their own fuse that I can unplug?

The car I have at present beeps like an armageddon warning the moment I get in the car!:scaredhair:

how I wish I could disable the speeding beep.

Bungdit Din Feb 15th 2010 4:26 am

thanks. can you 100% definitely get them in Ace? never seen them there before, but never needed to look either. don't want to shlepp around Bur Dubai/Karama if I can help it, too busy ATM.

Bungdit Din Feb 15th 2010 4:30 am

you can disable the speed beep in a lot of cars, some dealers actually offer to do it for you when you buy it! difficult in Jeeps though, you have to plug in to the engine management computer and tell it that it's in a different country. or you can just disable the speaker but then you won't get any warning sounds at all (like lights-on alarm, low fuel etc).

Roadking Feb 15th 2010 4:32 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8342803)
how I wish I could disable the speeding beep.

The dealer can disable the speed warning....for a cost. It's illegal to do so I believe but it is done.

But then again, it may only be illegal to bring a car into the country without speed warning :confused:

Hell, it's Dubai!

Roadking Feb 15th 2010 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din (Post 8342815)
you can disable the speed beep in a lot of cars, some dealers actually offer to do it for you when you buy it! difficult in Jeeps though, you have to plug in to the engine management computer and tell it that it's in a different country. or you can just disable the speaker but then you won't get any warning sounds at all (like lights-on alarm, low fuel etc).

Along Sh Zayed Road, near Ace, there are a number of small tool suppliers, many will have what you want depending on the size of fuse. Or use a paperclip!