Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Furniture Shopping

Furniture Shopping

Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of
Default Re: Furniture Shopping

Originally Posted by alexalexa
Hi,

My husband will be away on business next week and i want to get the furniture before I start working, so I am looking for a place that delivers, carries the stuff up and assembles the parts together if necessary. I'd like a quick and reasonably priced delivery... Any ideas where I should go?

Thank you.
Nice surprise for him when he gets back.......thought you had a furnished place at JBR anyway
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:18 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Thanks - Luckies and footy and we're out of there then.

I know the lounges you mean, we have a brown natuzzi in the old worn leather look, we've had it for almost ten years and three kids now and still going strong. Just have to treat the leather occasionally. We've seen similar at MOE upstairs and at the Madinat and wouldn't mind buying some more pieces to match. My kids love those brown and cow hide leather bean bags at MOE - I think my husband better start making some dirhams if they're on their christmas list this year.
beanbags cost a bloody fortune over here, I'd love some nice leather ones but they are daft money.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Live for now
Nice surprise for him when he gets back.......thought you had a furnished place at JBR anyway
it's not a surprise, just someone has to do it my stuff is all over and i finally want to put it away.

the place is furnished, but there are no desks, no bathroom storage and we had to buy a water cooler. if i would have to buy everything, like table, chairs, sofa, beds i think i'd go crazy :curse:
Old Nov 11th 2008, 5:57 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexalexa
it's not a surprise, just someone has to do it my stuff is all over and i finally want to put it away.

the place is furnished, but there are no desks, no bathroom storage and we had to buy a water cooler. if i would have to buy everything, like table, chairs, sofa, beds i think i'd go crazy :curse:
for the first month wehad a mattress, ikea clothes rail, two fold up chairs and.....a big tv with showtime sports on
Old Nov 11th 2008, 6:05 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
for the first month wehad a mattress, ikea clothes rail, two fold up chairs and.....a big tv with showtime sports on
aah, priorities!
And i hope a fridge full of beer!