British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Furniture repair in Abu Dhabi? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/furniture-repair-abu-dhabi-692881/)

cream bun Nov 9th 2010 9:57 am

Furniture repair in Abu Dhabi?

Hi guys

Does anyone know of any decent furniture repairers? I need someone to look at and fix a big crack in a wooden bed - thanks to the shipping company for dropping that one from a great height!

A (now closed) thread from 2008 mentioned carpenters behind old Choitrhams, and also behind the Subaru garage on Nadja, but there was no feedback on whether these guys were any good. Any info?

Also, I could do with someone to come to my house as the damaged furniture is a solid wood bed which weighs a tonne!

Thanks in advance guys, any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers
CB

weescot Nov 9th 2010 10:04 am

Re: Furniture repair in Abu Dhabi?

You'll probably get a better response on abudhabiwoman, unless BB2 can chime in

soukie Nov 9th 2010 11:55 am

I have used one of the carpentry shops behind Choitrams in Khalidia and they were very good. Can't remember the name of the shop but there are a few to choose from.

busybee2 Nov 9th 2010 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by cream bun (Post 8970546)
Hi guys

Does anyone know of any decent furniture repairers? I need someone to look at and fix a big crack in a wooden bed - thanks to the shipping company for dropping that one from a great height!

A (now closed) thread from 2008 mentioned carpenters behind old Choitrhams, and also behind the Subaru garage on Nadja, but there was no feedback on whether these guys were any good. Any info?

Also, I could do with someone to come to my house as the damaged furniture is a solid wood bed which weighs a tonne!

Thanks in advance guys, any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers
CB

i have used some carpenters in khaydia. there are a plenty. if you are on 7th st you have folklore gallery and the bank on the corner of the little road, then the parking behind there is g & m, the red/white sign behind them on the left hand side there is a road and i used one of the guys half way up on the left opp the little mosque. perhaps the 3 building along. but they will make you what you want if you want them to come to you go and ask and you will have to arrange to go and get them i suspect. there are more carpenters close to old choitrhams and also nadja st but i havent used them.

busybee2 Nov 9th 2010 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 8970556)
You'll probably get a better response on abudhabiwoman, unless BB2 can chime in

ding dong. :rofl:

commander Nov 10th 2010 4:14 am

in Ab Dabs, there are loads in Mussaffah also.

cream bun Nov 18th 2010 5:53 am

Brilliant, thanks folks.