Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Fujairah - Hilton or Rotana

Fujairah - Hilton or Rotana

Old May 3rd 2015, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fujairah - Hilton or Rotana

Folks of the board, quick question to the enlightened please
Promised the wife and kids a weekend away (this weekend 7-9th May) so its a bit of a rush job.
2 options that appear to be nice but never been to any

Rotana or Hilton

If you have recently stayed would welcome your thoughts on the places please

2 adults and 2 kids under 6

and must have a bar
Old May 3rd 2015, 5:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Fujairah - Hilton or Rotana

Is Sandy Beach / Sandy Bay available?
Old May 3rd 2015, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Is Sandy Beach / Sandy Bay available?
yes it was. is it ok ? looked a bit lebo ?
Old May 3rd 2015, 5:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Right.

It's old, it's not dirty or grubby, just old and a bit worn out. BUT, you get a two bed chalet, BBQ every night, take your own grog, snorkel round snoopy, go banana boating, go kayaking, play beach volleyball, go in the pool etc.

We stopped at the Rotana for lunch on our way back from Sandy Helmet and hated it. It was a proper package holiday resort. Sandy Helmet - park right outside the villa, mini kitchen with a decent fridge so can stock up the beers and meat.

Can buy coal from them every night, wake up and the BBQ has been cleaned. I honestly would rather go somewhere like that than a Rotana / Hilton.

Only downside - it's miles from Fujairah city so make sure you take enough food and booze to last, probably a big cool box too to make sure you have room to keep all the beer cold.
Old May 3rd 2015, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Right.

It's old, it's not dirty or grubby, just old and a bit worn out. BUT, you get a two bed chalet, BBQ every night, take your own grog, snorkel round snoopy, go banana boating, go kayaking, play beach volleyball, go in the pool etc.

We stopped at the Rotana for lunch on our way back from Sandy Helmet and hated it. It was a proper package holiday resort. Sandy Helmet - park right outside the villa, mini kitchen with a decent fridge so can stock up the beers and meat.

Can buy coal from them every night, wake up and the BBQ has been cleaned. I honestly would rather go somewhere like that than a Rotana / Hilton.

Only downside - it's miles from Fujairah city so make sure you take enough food and booze to last, probably a big cool box too to make sure you have room to keep all the beer cold.
Thanks for the heads up on that and its definitely one to keep in the bag. This trip is definitely Rotana and Hilton, Mrs needs a break
Old May 3rd 2015, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Thanks for the heads up on that and its definitely one to keep in the bag. This trip is definitely Rotana and Hilton, Mrs needs a break
In that case - Rotana was fine, it was just busy when we were there with some awful Russian singer by the pool belting out stinking tunes.

Nothing wrong with it though.

No idea about the Hilton
Old May 3rd 2015, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

In that case - Rotana was fine, it was just busy when we were there with some awful Russian singer by the pool belting out stinking tunes.

Nothing wrong with it though.

No idea about the Hilton
4575 aed for 2 nights inc Tax at the Rotana. This seems a bit steep for a ground floor room
its cheaper to jump on a plane to Doha and go get rat arsed at my mates.
I thought summer season was upon us and cheap rates.
Old May 3rd 2015, 6:37 am
Account Closed

4575 aed for 2 nights inc Tax at the Rotana. This seems a bit steep for a ground floor room
its cheaper to jump on a plane to Doha and go get rat arsed at my mates.
I thought summer season was upon us and cheap rates.
**** me, you staying in a suite?
Old May 3rd 2015, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

some awful Russian singer by the pool belting out stinking tunes.
She truly is awful.

I'd second Sandy Beach if you don't mind it being a bit basic. fine for me and the family, however friends who enjoy the 5* brunch scene were not impressed.

The Rixios (sp?) is also very nice.
Old May 3rd 2015, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brains1983
She truly is awful.

I'd second Sandy Beach if you don't mind it being a bit basic. fine for me and the family, however friends who enjoy the 5* brunch scene were not impressed.

The Rixios (sp?) is also very nice.
Thanks for this. I am definitely a Sandy Beach sort of guy but the Mrs needs a bit of something nice to cheer her up. No way I am paying Rotana prices for a decent room though. and 150 aed for wireless connection in a 4 star hotel these days is a joke
Old May 3rd 2015, 7:26 am
Account Closed

Thanks for this. I am definitely a Sandy Beach sort of guy but the Mrs needs a bit of something nice to cheer her up. No way I am paying Rotana prices for a decent room though. and 150 aed for wireless connection in a 4 star hotel these days is a joke
Bastards.
Old May 3rd 2015, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I like Sandy Beach. Went there a few weeks ago. Hasn't changed in years. A nice antidote to the glitz and glamour of Dubai.

Hilton ain't a bad hotel either.

Bit sad to see the entire coastline is slowly but surely becoming massively developed with hotels and resorts. It's impressive what's been built/changed since 2008 when I saw the East Coast for the first time. It was miles of date groves nestled against the Hajar mountains and only a few hotels. Back then there was only one fast food outlet in Fujairah and that was KFC. Now there's even a Carrefour, which is admittedly handy for loading up on food for camping or beach bbq.
Old May 3rd 2015, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Stayed in the Iberotel there a few years ago - was much cheaper than the Rotana, and is very nice. Some friends staying at the Rotana came around for a drink and wished they had stayed with us instead.
Iberotel Miramar Al Aqah Beach Resort (Fujairah, United Arab Emirates) - Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor
Old May 3rd 2015, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

ok Scampi

got in touch with Sandy beach as it was growing on me. No chalets but have booked an apartment in the block.
Any tips I need to know before heading off this weekend ?
Is the liquor store easy to find in Fuj or bring from Dubai ?
Old May 3rd 2015, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

ok Scampi

got in touch with Sandy beach as it was growing on me. No chalets but have booked an apartment in the block.
Any tips I need to know before heading off this weekend ?
Is the liquor store easy to find in Fuj or bring from Dubai ?
there is an amazing, albeit very simple and cheap, afghan restaurant near there. I can send you the GPS coordinates if you like.

The hilton is very old and tired and fujeriah city is a hole. better to stay up the road.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.