Football in Saudi

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Dulge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Football in Saudi

Do you have any idea whether there is a real chance to play organised football in Saudi, specifically in Riyadh?

I am a keen player, no good at all though, and I was wondering if there is a real chance to practice footy on regular basis in Saudi...

It will be too warm to play outdoor, but maybe there are indoor facililities, maybe even teams who could use me as a waterboy or last resort sub
Old Jun 4th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football in Saudi

Originally Posted by Dulge
Do you have any idea whether there is a real chance to play organised football in Saudi, specifically in Riyadh?

I am a keen player, no good at all though, and I was wondering if there is a real chance to practice footy on regular basis in Saudi...

It will be too warm to play outdoor, but maybe there are indoor facililities, maybe even teams who could use me as a waterboy or last resort sub
If you're half decent,you could probably end up playing pro football for Al Hilal.No, seriously, went to watch them the other night, and we're talking Conference level stuff. Lost on a penalty shoot out to a team from Qatar. 0-0 after 120 mins.

Otherwise = depends on where you live. The compound I'm on during the week in Riyadh - I think - has a footy team, so pretty certain it must play in some sort of league - obviously through the winter months,even at night now, its too warm to play!
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:26 pm

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry for my ignorance but when you say 'footy' do you mean 'ozy rules' or what we know to be football back in europe?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Dulge is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the responses...

Do you know if I have to live in the specific compound if I want to play for those guys or will it be OK just to join them even I live off-compound?

and yes when I said footy, I meant what we know to be football back in europe...proper stuff
Old Jun 8th 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the responses...

Do you know if I have to live in the specific compound if I want to play for those guys or will it be OK just to join them even I live off-compound?

and yes when I said footy, I meant what we know to be football back in europe...proper stuff
yay, proper football. The greatest game in the world....

Not sure if you have to be a resident to play - where abouts in Riyadh do you live?
Old Jun 8th 2009, 5:55 pm

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

good because if it was ozy rules you wouldn't find many guys there in tight shorts .. anyhow, I am sure you'll be all right; arabs in general love football and you'll find plenty of them playing on every ground available ... i've seen plenty in dhahran and jeddah ... not sure for riyadh but should be the same.