Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Flights and showing your card........

Flights and showing your card........

Old May 20th 2012, 1:19 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights and showing your card........

I am booking flights for Mum to come over next week. Its £100 cheaper to fly her with Emirates via dbx (I'm not tight......) I remember someone saying they had to show their credit/debit card for the booking, how does that work if I book in Doha and she flies from the UK?!
Old May 20th 2012, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

British Nat has much to be proud ofBritish Nat has much to be proud ofBritish Nat has much to be proud ofBritish Nat has much to be proud ofBritish Nat has much to be proud ofBritish Nat has much to be proud ofBritish Nat has much to be proud ofBritish Nat has much to be proud ofBritish Nat has much to be proud ofBritish Nat has much to be proud ofBritish Nat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Flights and showing your card........

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I am booking flights for Mum to come over next week. Its £100 cheaper to fly her with Emirates via dbx (I'm not tight......) I remember someone saying they had to show their credit/debit card for the booking, how does that work if I book in Doha and she flies from the UK?!
I flew with Emirates 3 weeks ago and they did not want to see my card, I have flown with most airlines ( well I do get around a bit! ) BA were the only ones to ask.

Maybe call up and explain situation to be sure though, or your mum can pay and you could give it to her when she arrives.
Old May 20th 2012, 1:41 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

If it's an Emirates on-line booking then they will want to physically see the debit/ credit card before issuing the tickets. You can drop in to any airport with an Emirates desk, or one of their offices with your card.

No card verification = No tickets = No fly, be warned.

[J]
Old May 20th 2012, 1:43 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
If it's an Emirates on-line booking then they will want to physically see the debit/ credit card before issuing the tickets. You can drop in to any airport with an Emirates desk, or one of their offices with your card.

No card verification = No tickets = No fly, be warned.

[J]
So book it and pop down to the emirates desk at Doha Int. That will suffice??
Old May 20th 2012, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I had to show copy of credit card (stamped by the airline at port of purchase), passport copy of credit card holder at the desk for check in.
But that was for QA.
Old May 20th 2012, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Scubaroo is an unknown quantity at this point

B76,

Most airlines have a declaration form for you to complete verifying you as the purchaser and then ensure your Mother has a copy to show at check-in, with copy of card -- same surname will help a lot. Best to verify process with airline well in advance (in person id suggest at the service desk). I have had to do the same for my father but I was flying out a couple of days earlier on the same route (on Thai) and no problem.

Cheers
Old May 20th 2012, 3:14 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, drop into Doha Airport and present your card and booking reference number at Emirates desk. They will update the details on their computer, then your mum will have no problems colecting her ticket when travelling.

Remember your mum will need a valid debit/ credit card to buy a visitor visa at Doha immigration on her arrival. I think it costs about QR80. Consider a Business Class upgrade from Dubai to Doha, that way she can use the VIP immigration desk and not have to queue for an hour with the hordes.

[J]
Old May 20th 2012, 3:27 pm
Shark Fisherman

Thanks guys.......I may just stick to QA, less of a headache.
Old May 20th 2012, 4:38 pm
Shark Fisherman

I managed to book with KLM, she can fly from humberside (20 minutes away) and direct from schiphol. Good flight times, will be no issue with me buying tickets as I have bought flights with them before and £200 cheaper than QA. Bit of a result. Best tidy my room now...............
Old May 20th 2012, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I discovered that if you book directly on the emirates website it will only let you enter pay with a credit card matching one of the named passengers. Expedia didn't have such a problem.

We shall see in the UK when they come to leave