Flights

Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future
Default Flights

Hi Just checking flights as I come out in march and come back for my son in May when we will need 1 way flights, they are more expensive than return flights with Emirates, anyone know why?
Would I run into any issues that anyone knows about if I bought return flights and didn't use the return, would there be a problem when we did come back to visit UK in future?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights

Originally Posted by axlenoyl
Hi Just checking flights as I come out in march and come back for my son in May when we will need 1 way flights, they are more expensive than return flights with Emirates, anyone know why?
Would I run into any issues that anyone knows about if I bought return flights and didn't use the return, would there be a problem when we did come back to visit UK in future?

Airlines don't like one way tickets as they like to get confirmed reservations hense why not cheap.

Book open ticket return so that you can use whenever you want within the time frame, you can can nearer time if you don't need to use it.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future

Cant see that it lets you book an open ticket, either 1 way or asks for return date if you dont put 1 in comes up error, also return flights from Dubai approx 100£ more expensive than return flights from Newcastle!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:04 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Flexible return tickets are more expensive than restricted return tickets. If they sold one ways cheaply, the need to buy flexible return tickets would be much reduced...

If you are holding the return leg of a ticket UK -> DXB -> UK, you may find the airline won't be happy selling you a ticket DXB->UK->DXB. You may also find them freezing or cancelling any frequent flier membership you have with them. The former is far more likely to happen than the latter.

Depending on the age of your child, and if you don't mind slumming it, fly Easyjet from the UK to Istanbul and then Air Arabia from Istanbul to Sharjah. I've done it and while I wouldn't say I recommend it, it's definitely the cheapest one way you're going to get.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:24 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Book a return flight with Emirates, but for a long-dated return. It costs around £70 per ticket to change the date.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by typical
Flexible return tickets are more expensive than restricted return tickets. If they sold one ways cheaply, the need to buy flexible return tickets would be much reduced...

If you are holding the return leg of a ticket UK -> DXB -> UK, you may find the airline won't be happy selling you a ticket DXB->UK->DXB. You may also find them freezing or cancelling any frequent flier membership you have with them. The former is far more likely to happen than the latter.

Depending on the age of your child, and if you don't mind slumming it, fly Easyjet from the UK to Istanbul and then Air Arabia from Istanbul to Sharjah. I've done it and while I wouldn't say I recommend it, it's definitely the cheapest one way you're going to get.
He is 13 but def dont fancy the latter 1 bit, the ticket I would buy would be simply return Newcastle -Dubai and not use the return ticket, that saves me £40 per person on the cost of a single ticket.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:31 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

He is 13 but def dont fancy the latter 1 bit, the ticket I would buy would be simply return Newcastle -Dubai and not use the return ticket, that saves me £40 per person on the cost of a single ticket.
Ah well, doubt their revenue management people would chase you over such a small sum. Airlines aren't like cross-channel ferries (yet).