British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Flight is settled - KSA in July (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/flight-settled-ksa-july-615853/)

monkieie Jun 20th 2009 6:03 am

Flight is settled - KSA in July

Have finally got everything sorted and my flight is booked for the 1st July to Riyadh - finally :thumbup:

I'm quite lucky because my employer is organising accommodation for me (us) and has got me a villa in Najd compound. Anybody here have any experience with Najd (amenities etc.)?

Shadya Jun 20th 2009 11:38 am

Re: Flight is settled - KSA in July

Originally Posted by monkieie (Post 7682346)
Have finally got everything sorted and my flight is booked for the 1st July to Riyadh - finally :thumbup:

I'm quite lucky because my employer is organising accommodation for me (us) and has got me a villa in Najd compound. Anybody here have any experience with Najd (amenities etc.)?

You have my profound sympathy.:(

littlejimmy Jun 20th 2009 1:29 pm

Best of luck to you.

*it's not that difficult to be positive, see*

monkieie Jun 20th 2009 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7683212)
Best of luck to you.

*it's not that difficult to be positive, see*

ta for that. I'm coming over with an open mind and after working together with the Chinese am prepared for almost anything

TGFKASE Jun 21st 2009 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7683008)
You have my profound sympathy.:(

FFS, ShadyaHeart... go get some happy pills....

:thumbdown:

edinburger Jun 21st 2009 7:09 am

I stayed at Najd for 3 weeks and recently moved to Arabian Homes. Have to say that Najd is a bit quiet and mainly families and couples that enjoy staying there. Mainly Germans their and a quite few brits. Didn't have much of a social scene for singletons but it does have 10pin bowling, 1 large swimming pool, pool tables, table tennis, library, tennis court, squash court, basketball court, 1 restaurant (not the best - avoid the Spaghetti Bolognese!) But it isn't a bad place a bit quiet but it is clean and tidy.

monkieie Jun 21st 2009 7:39 am

Originally Posted by edinburger (Post 7684769)
I stayed at Najd for 3 weeks and recently moved to Arabian Homes. Have to say that Najd is a bit quiet and mainly families and couples that enjoy staying there. Mainly Germans their and a quite few brits. Didn't have much of a social scene for singletons but it does have 10pin bowling, 1 large swimming pool, pool tables, table tennis, library, tennis court, squash court, basketball court, 1 restaurant (not the best - avoid the Spaghetti Bolognese!) But it isn't a bad place a bit quiet but it is clean and tidy.

thanks for the info edinburger. My missus is German so she should fit right in there :thumbsup:

edinburger Jun 21st 2009 7:44 am

Originally Posted by monkieie (Post 7684831)
thanks for the info edinburger. My missus is German so she should fit right in there :thumbsup:

No worries, hope all goes well with the move :thumbsup: