Reload this Page >

Flight one way or open

Flight one way or open

Old Sep 3rd 2011, 11:25 am
Just Joined

-jacko- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flight one way or open

Hi all,

Hope you are all well. The wife and I are flying out to Dubai on Friday next week, My wife has a job in the JLT area and her Visa is done by the company etc, mine will have to be a tourist Visa as if I understand it, I can't be on hers too.
I am just booking my flight today so my question is will I be able to book a one way flight or will the authorities question the fact I am on tourist Visa and be wary that I have no return flight? we are hoping to come back at Xmas to the UK, but I will always be one flight ahead of myself if you know what I mean

I could book an open ticket but again, not sure its worth it...

I am hoping to find work in Dubai or A/D as a graphic designer, until then I will have to do the 30 day run to the border (Oman) if, again, I understand correctly.

I have tried searching the forums for similar questions on the one way flight scenario but found none, apologies if this has already been answered...

many thanks,

-jacko-
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 4:12 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight one way or open

Originally Posted by -jacko-
Hi all,

Hope you are all well. The wife and I are flying out to Dubai on Friday next week, My wife has a job in the JLT area and her Visa is done by the company etc, mine will have to be a tourist Visa as if I understand it, I can't be on hers too.
I am just booking my flight today so my question is will I be able to book a one way flight or will the authorities question the fact I am on tourist Visa and be wary that I have no return flight? we are hoping to come back at Xmas to the UK, but I will always be one flight ahead of myself if you know what I mean

I am hoping to find work in Dubai or A/D as a graphic designer, until then I will have to do the 30 day run to the border (Oman) if, again, I understand correctly.

I have tried searching the forums for similar questions on the one way flight scenario but found none, apologies if this has already been answered...

many thanks,

-jacko-
You cannot go on the visa of your wife..not sure you can buy an open ticket, think it has to be a return within 6 months, you can extend the 30dsy visit visa as a one off for another thirty days(not sure of the cost) then you do visa runs every thirty days, there are lots of topics on this if you search, good luck in your quest for work out here, there are a couple of graphics designers post who will fill you in better on job prospects, but I suspect may be thin on the ground or want your services for next to nothing.
Welcome to BE and good luck
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by -jacko-
Hi all,

many thanks,

-jacko-
We all came out on tourist visas and one way tickets...

But, flights are 50% more expensive if booked from the UAE to the UK than the other way around. A open return may pay off regardless of any visa implications (if there are any).
Old Sep 4th 2011, 4:25 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Easyjet/BA cheap flight from UK to Istanbul, then AirArabia cheap flight from Istanbul to Sharjah. You know it makes sense.

Seriously, I would very much doubt they'll care about the return ticket at immigration - at the airline boarding counter may be a very different matter.

Nothing to stop you booking an expensive flexible one way from the UAE to UK just before you leave, and cancelling it once you're in the country of course...
Old Sep 4th 2011, 9:07 am
Just Joined

-jacko- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by typical
Easyjet/BA cheap flight from UK to Istanbul, then AirArabia cheap flight from Istanbul to Sharjah. You know it makes sense.

Seriously, I would very much doubt they'll care about the return ticket at immigration - at the airline boarding counter may be a very different matter.

Nothing to stop you booking an expensive flexible one way from the UAE to UK just before you leave, and cancelling it once you're in the country of course...
Thanks for replies all..much appreciated