Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Fitness/health club

Fitness/health club

Old May 27th 2009, 9:42 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fitness/health club

It's getting to that time of the year as we all know, so I need to move indoors. Any suggestions for a fitness club? Anyone have experience with First Fitness at Burjuman or the various Hayyah fitness clubs?

I'd like the club to have a pool that is either indoor or chilled if outdoors.

Thanks
Old May 27th 2009, 11:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness/health club

Originally Posted by Ethos83
It's getting to that time of the year as we all know, so I need to move indoors. Any suggestions for a fitness club? Anyone have experience with First Fitness at Burjuman or the various Hayyah fitness clubs?

I'd like the club to have a pool that is either indoor or chilled if outdoors.

Thanks
Lakes Club is my favourite
Old May 28th 2009, 4:51 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Can you tell me how much the annual membership fees are for this?
Old May 28th 2009, 4:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by larnie
Can you tell me how much the annual membership fees are for this?
about 7,000 I think Larnie for a single membership, though they do have offers on regularly. I have lost the pricelist. I think their website is hayya.ae.
Old May 28th 2009, 8:09 am
Account Closed

about 7,000 I think Larnie for a single membership, though they do have offers on regularly. I have lost the pricelist. I think their website is hayya.ae.
Crikey that's huge! Is that pretty much what you pay in Dubai! B and I paid 3400 for both of us for a year at the Intercon in AA
Old May 28th 2009, 8:10 am
Concierge

Crikey that's huge! Is that pretty much what you pay in Dubai! B and I paid 3400 for both of us for a year at the Intercon in AA
it is in Dubai! it's where we went for lunch one day remember?
Old May 28th 2009, 8:28 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

its a bit run down now to be honest..but the gym is well outfitted..
Old May 28th 2009, 8:58 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by commander
its a bit run down now to be honest..but the gym is well outfitted..
it's handy though and Mitten loves it.
Old May 28th 2009, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

it is in Dubai! it's where we went for lunch one day remember?
Yes I remember BC but it looks very much like we will be living on the other side of Dubai around the Marina. Any suggestions of gyms down that end?
Old May 29th 2009, 4:13 am
Concierge

Yes I remember BC but it looks very much like we will be living on the other side of Dubai around the Marina. Any suggestions of gyms down that end?
The Lakes is 10 mins from the Marina. If it is just a gym then there is fitness first. Also all the apartment blocks tend to have a gym in them.
Old May 29th 2009, 6:56 am
Account Closed

The Lakes is 10 mins from the Marina. If it is just a gym then there is fitness first. Also all the apartment blocks tend to have a gym in them.
Oh really! I thought the Lakes was over the other side near Deira? AG and I got horribly lost that day, as you will remember and I thought we were over the other side! Oh well a whole new adventure awaits! Getting to know Dubai as well as I know Al Ain!
Old May 29th 2009, 3:13 pm
Concierge

Oh really! I thought the Lakes was over the other side near Deira? AG and I got horribly lost that day, as you will remember and I thought we were over the other side! Oh well a whole new adventure awaits! Getting to know Dubai as well as I know Al Ain!