Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

First visit to Dubai

First visit to Dubai

Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:23 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First visit to Dubai

Originally Posted by Crash
You are too funny!! Actually I felt a bit uncomfortable when my brother in law's maid unpacked my luggage and proceeded to iron every single piece of my clothing including my socks.
Maids are cool,
We were having a discussion the other day on how often you should beat your maid to ensure optimum performance.

I reckon 4 times a day, using a sports sock with a snooker ball in the end, but everyone has there own views and methods
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:26 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Maids are cool,
We were having a discussion the other day on how often you should beat your maid to ensure optimum performance.

I reckon 4 times a day, using a sports sock with a snooker ball in the end, but everyone has there own views and methods
I like giving labourers wet willies and fillipino waiters wedgies. They really don't know what to do.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Crash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I like giving labourers wet willies and fillipino waiters wedgies. They really don't know what to do.
You guys are too cruel, I would never beat someone - but I have taunted a few with bad performance reviews.

Last edited by Crash; Apr 16th 2007 at 4:13 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:37 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crash
You guys are too cruel, I would never beat someone - but I have taunted a few bad performance reviews.
It's not really beating them, it's making sure they do things properly.

Education is a better term for it.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:45 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
It's not really beating them, it's making sure they do things properly.

Education is a better term for it.
Or conditioning...much better term than beating

Its quite addictive actually, the maid runs and locks herself back in her broom cupboard when i have been out on the stella for the evening..god knows why...
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:47 pm
W10

OK people, let's be serious here, before anyone else's seed heads my way.

Dubai is a great place for a holiday, but it is an awful place to live and work in. That's my opinion, and like an arsehole, it stinks.
Agreed...as I said there are two things that make it bearable

1, The money
2, The fact I leave at EVERY opportunity (confirmed trips in the next three months: Dehli and Agra, Sana'a, Salalah, Miami, London, Beirut, Damascus, Shiraz)

On the whole American is MUCH better than Dubai.

Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:48 pm
W10

I like giving labourers wet willies...They really don't know what to do.
I hope this is a cultural misunderstanding

Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:49 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Agreed...as I said there are two things that make it bearable

1, The money
2, The fact I leave at EVERY opportunity (confirmed trips in the next three months: Dehli and Agra, Sana'a, Salalah, Miami, London, Beirut, Damascus, Shiraz)

On the whole American is MUCH better than Dubai.
never been to American so can't comment. I am quite happy here, though would like to move to a quieter Emirate.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:49 pm
W10

Was back for a week in the UK last week....i was counting the days to get out of that ****ing shit hole
I was 100% the opposite...

Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:57 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
never been to American so can't comment. I am quite happy here, though would like to move to a quieter Emirate.
What reason is there not to like America?

Seems they have their fair share of random shootings...http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6560685.stm

I can't stand the place, avoid it whenever possible.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:57 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by W10
I was 100% the opposite...
Can i have your apartment when you leave....it's the s#it!!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:58 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

where's your apartment W10?? do tell !
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:00 pm
W10

I think everyone there is planning to be gone March 2008 - you're welcome to it.

And it is indeed the sh!t

Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:01 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by W10
I think everyone there is planning to be gone March 2008 - you're welcome to it.

whys that?...the cost?
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:02 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by W10

but when you leave the friendly land lord will put the rent up 50k!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.