Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Firefighter jobs Abu Dhabi

Firefighter jobs Abu Dhabi

Old Apr 9th 2019, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Standard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Firefighter jobs Abu Dhabi

Hi, my wife has the offer of a job teaching in Abu Dhabi and I was wondering if my current job is transferable in any way or anyone has worked in the sector before.
I am currently a U.K. firefighter with 13 years experience and would preferably like to work somewhere in that sector if my wife took the role in Abu Dhabi. What kind of salary would you be looking at for. A role like this?
if I couldn’t find a job in a role as a firefighter what other work could I do? (I don’t have a degree)
if we were to move over we have a 4 year old daughter who would go to school as part of the my wife’s package. Could anyone give us any information if they are in a similar situation and how the schooling works for them?
any help would be much appreciated
Old Apr 9th 2019, 8:22 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Firefighter jobs Abu Dhabi

Your daughter would likely go to the same school, or a part of the same network, as the one your wife your wife teaches in.

Have never seen a Western fireman here. And with no degree, there are no transferable skills that would mean you are earning anything close to what you have back home..

Whuch leaves you as a house husband..

And there is a reason bars give heavy discounts for teachers here, and most of them are single..:
Old Apr 10th 2019, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Firefighter jobs Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by TGFKASE View Post
Have never seen a Western fireman here. And with no degree, there are no transferable skills that would mean you are earning anything close to what you have back home.
I’m not in the business, however there are Western firefighters in management positions at some airfields. Have a look at assetco.com