British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   FIRE BRIGADE IN UAE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/fire-brigade-uae-505416/)

fizzy Jan 11th 2008 2:49 pm

FIRE BRIGADE IN UAE

Hi does anyone know how you can get in the Brigade over here???

cheers for any info..

Wow its getting cold ;-((

Madam Medusa Jan 11th 2008 3:00 pm

Re: FIRE BRIGADE IN UAE

Originally Posted by fizzy (Post 5773772)
Hi does anyone know how you can get in the Brigade over here???

cheers for any info..

Wow its getting cold ;-((

no idea...but won't they all be locals?

MM, xx

fizzy Jan 11th 2008 3:02 pm

I thought that be we have Germans in Al ain teaching the locals stuff just wondered if there was the same opportunity for Brits say in Dubai etc

Madam Medusa Jan 11th 2008 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by fizzy (Post 5773814)
I thought that be we have Germans in Al ain teaching the locals stuff just wondered if there was the same opportunity for Brits say in Dubai etc

oh you may be right, i had just imagined that it would be locals only...sure someone on here will know!

MM, xx

The Dean Jan 11th 2008 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5773819)
oh you may be right, i had just imagined that it would be locals only...sure someone on here will know!

MM, xx

Look - start a fire, in a prominent office building, for example.

Then, when the fire crews arrive, tell them "Look, I only wanted to join you guys! As you can see, I have a healthy interest in fire...."

They will give you an application form to fill in......... I would think.........

Confucius Jan 11th 2008 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5774123)
Look - start a fire, in a prominent office building, for example.

Then, when the fire crews arrive, tell them "Look, I only wanted to join you guys! As you can see, I have a healthy interest in fire...."

They will give you an application form to fill in......... I would think.........

They will get you in,no application needed...

Blue Cat Jan 12th 2008 6:53 am

the fire service was originally started up by the British Fire Service as was the Police - but from what I hear (and see) I assume they are no longer involved. I saw an advert for firefighters once - 2000 dhs a month. Rather worrying isn't it :(

jvr20 Jan 13th 2008 4:11 am

can't imagine it would be locals somehow...

Madam Medusa Jan 13th 2008 4:12 am

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 5780028)
can't imagine it would be locals somehow...

why...wouldn't it be like the police, i mean they are all going to have to speak arabic, surely...??

MM, xx

Paidtoplease Jan 13th 2008 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5780033)
why...wouldn't it be like the police, i mean they are all going to have to speak arabic, surely...??

MM, xx

The guys round the airport seem to be mixed race...

jvr20 Jan 13th 2008 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5780033)

MM, xx

Are the police locals? :blink:

Arabs certainly, but I thought they were Yemeni, for example... Can't imagine locals standing in the heat resolving a traffic collision dispute somehow. (Of course I'm talking about the bobbies here, not the brigadiers or what have you)

Paidtoplease Jan 13th 2008 4:21 am

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 5780040)

Arabs certainly, but I thought they were Yemeni, for example... Can't imagine locals standing in the heat resolving a traffic collision dispute somehow. (Of course I'm talking about the bobbies here, not the brigadiers or what have you)

I thought the guys in green were Expats and the guys in Tan were locals

Madam Medusa Jan 13th 2008 6:29 am

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 5780040)

oh ok...arabs then...but not westerners...what do i know, lol...

MM, xx