Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Fingerprinting at Saudi airports on departure

Fingerprinting at Saudi airports on departure

Old Dec 19th 2012, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fingerprinting at Saudi airports on departure

We have just received this email, the Saudi authorities are now introducing fingerprinting on departure.

Dear all,
Please be advised that Immigration offices in all Airports in the kingdom have issued an advisory about the new procedure of Immigration Authorities.

The authorities has a new procedure of finger printing, even if it has been done before during the updating of their system, it is required to all Non-Saudi to undergo one time finger printing upon departure.

In this case, all are advised to report at the airport at least 4 hours prior to departure of flight to avoid delays and to ensure timely checking in and boarding.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 7:37 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fingerprinting at Saudi airports on departure

Originally Posted by Ash786 View Post
We have just received this email, the Saudi authorities are now introducing fingerprinting on departure.

Dear all,
Please be advised that Immigration offices in all Airports in the kingdom have issued an advisory about the new procedure of Immigration Authorities.

The authorities has a new procedure of finger printing, even if it has been done before during the updating of their system, it is required to all Non-Saudi to undergo one time finger printing upon departure.

In this case, all are advised to report at the airport at least 4 hours prior to departure of flight to avoid delays and to ensure timely checking in and boarding.
That place never ceases to amaze me. Last time I went, getting in was a nightmare and now they have changed the visa application rules (need a flight booked before applying).

Do they really think people want to go there???

As with most people based outside KSA, I go, get job done as quick as possible then get out.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 7:46 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
That place never ceases to amaze me. Last time I went, getting in was a nightmare and now they have changed the visa application rules (need a flight booked before applying).
What about if you plan to get in via the Causeway? I need to go in the New Year, and will post here what happens (won't be applying for the visa till early Jan).
Old Dec 19th 2012, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

It does say one time only...but I suspect that if you depart and return once after fingerprinting, second time could be just as long if you happen to be in a queue full of people going through their first fingerprinting...
Old Dec 19th 2012, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
What about if you plan to get in via the Causeway? I need to go in the New Year, and will post here what happens (won't be applying for the visa till early Jan).
You now can't go in via the Causeway if it's your first entrance on a new visa. You have to enter on a flight.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 8:50 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf View Post
You now can't go in via the Causeway if it's your first entrance on a new visa. You have to enter on a flight.
Useful info, thanx.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Last time I went, getting in was a nightmare and now they have changed the visa application rules (need a flight booked before applying).

NL - where did you hear this? Sounds totally bonkers (that's Saudi for ya) but if you have a link to any official website this would be appreciated
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:18 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Last time I went, getting in was a nightmare and now they have changed the visa application rules (need a flight booked before applying).

NL - where did you hear this? Sounds totally bonkers (that's Saudi for ya) but if you have a link to any official website this would be appreciated
Our HR department told us a few weeks ago.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:50 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by NorthernLad View Post
Our HR department told us a few weeks ago.
And you believed them?
Old Dec 19th 2012, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Why would they lie about it? It is not in the interests of any company to flout the daft laws of SA, espcially immigration.

Sadly, my company is not up to speed as some others, hence the reason I hang around on here to pass on any useful titbit's of information
Old Dec 19th 2012, 11:19 am
Hit 16's

Why would they lie about it? It is not in the interests of any company to flout the daft laws of SA, espcially immigration.

Sadly, my company is not up to speed as some others, hence the reason I hang around on here to pass on any useful titbit's of information
I was just casting general nasturtiums on the inability of most HR depts to get anything right, spelling especially. However, if it is they who are handling visa applications they may well be right. On that particular day. For that particular visitor. With the wind in the direction it was on that particular day. And even if there is an official notification, there's a fair chance that it won't be adhered to.

Nonetheless, useful information to bear in mind.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when they introduced the fingerprint requirement for all igama-holders. That was fun and games.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 1:10 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

They are not for real. Every few months new customs requirements. Now this. Slowly I am getting fed up.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Q:
Why would they lie about it?
A:
Sadly, my company is not up to speed as some others...
Old Dec 19th 2012, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

knickerdropofglory is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

first saw this mail about 8 weeks ago... I have traveled out a couple of times since and have had to show my right index finger to the scanner.... there were no 4 hour delays. just the norm.

enjoy your crimbo