Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Finance/Savings/Investments Thread...

The Finance/Savings/Investments Thread...

Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Finance/Savings/Investments Thread...

You can ask all questions in this thread...
Be it pension schemes with offshore accounts, or savings/investments, and what have you...

Can we mention names of providers/companies???
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Finance/Savings/Investments Thread...

Oh well...

I've been in a savings/insurance scheme for the past 5 years already...It is supposed to be a 30 year thing, coupled with life insurance as well...The fund that I initially started with was underperforming; 3% gains in a period of 3 years and my advisor wasn't following up on it or alerting me to change the fund...About 7 months ago, I adopted a more aggressive approach and axed the old fund and introduced new funds, still not very good what with the credit situation in the US and all...So I added a third fund which has performed extremely well in the past 4 years... But, i cannot find any info on that fund on the net...
Does the FA have exclusivity on the information regarding those funds???
Old May 1st 2008, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

I am my own adviser.......... would also never trust a bank here to be my financial adviser!
Old May 1st 2008, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Oh well...

I've been in a savings/insurance scheme for the past 5 years already...It is supposed to be a 30 year thing, coupled with life insurance as well...The fund that I initially started with was underperforming; 3% gains in a period of 3 years and my advisor wasn't following up on it or alerting me to change the fund...About 7 months ago, I adopted a more aggressive approach and axed the old fund and introduced new funds, still not very good what with the credit situation in the US and all...So I added a third fund which has performed extremely well in the past 4 years... But, i cannot find any info on that fund on the net...
Does the FA have exclusivity on the information regarding those funds???
send me some info, i'll ask monsieur medusa, i'm sure he will be able to help...

MM, xx
Old May 1st 2008, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by IndieG
I am my own adviser.......... would also never trust a bank here to be my financial adviser!
I'm not associated with any bank...Mine is an IFA...
Old May 1st 2008, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
send me some info, i'll ask monsieur medusa, i'm sure he will be able to help...

MM, xx
I promise to send you a PM...But youll have to wait a while...A long while...
Remember, I will encash it when I'm 60...
Old May 1st 2008, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I promise to send you a PM...But youll have to wait a while...A long while...
Remember, I will encash it when I'm 60...
thanks for the warning, i'll tell him not to wait with baited breath then...

MM, xx
Old May 1st 2008, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thanks for the warning, i'll tell him not to wait with baited breath then...

MM, xx
He should know...He buys and sells people everyday...
Old May 1st 2008, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hmmm...maybe i didn't explain properly what he does...

MM, xx
Old May 1st 2008, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hmmm...maybe i didn't explain properly what he does...

MM, xx
He's a suit person...
Old May 1st 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Human trafficking? i thought they were trying to stamp that out?
Old May 1st 2008, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Anyway, please keep this thread for financial stuff...
Anything else, you have the "Fires..." thread...
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Tesseract is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh well...

...my advisor wasn't following up on it or alerting me to change the fund.funds???
As an IFA I don't even understand why you would stay with your advisor is he/she wasn't following up with you ever 3-6 months. I see this here in Budapest, where I a based, and easily scoop up new customers just by giving them the service I promise. Dump your advisor if he isn't there for you...shouldn't take you long to find another.
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:42 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the position of being paid in the UK tax-free, but am about to move out here full time. My employer has stated because I am being 'seconded' to the ME, I still have to be paid in the UK, because that is where my contract is based.

Can anyone advise on banks that can handle the idea of a monthly transfer from a UK branch to a UAE branch, that wont screw there nose up and tell me how much its gonna cost me in SWIFT charges???
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:08 am
Banned

zuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
I am in the position of being paid in the UK tax-free, but am about to move out here full time. My employer has stated because I am being 'seconded' to the ME, I still have to be paid in the UK, because that is where my contract is based.

Can anyone advise on banks that can handle the idea of a monthly transfer from a UK branch to a UAE branch, that wont screw there nose up and tell me how much its gonna cost me in SWIFT charges???
Hi

If I were you - considering the fact you are being seconded by your current employer - I would insist they transfer part of or all of your salary to the UAE - otherwise you will have zero money to survive. Get your employer to pick up the tab for the money transfer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.