Finance or Cash

Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice
Default Finance or Cash

Am wondering whether to purchase a car with finance or cash, if its cash ill only be able to afford 103k AED but if i went for finance could something a more expensive also someone (rightly or wrongly) told me to purchase on finance and then if i ever leave , leave the car at the airport and say your goodbyes!

Bit worrying and when questioned didnt say much else? Also who's the best bank to get finance with, ive looked on the net and there's Lloyds TSb and HSBC in Dubai, or would it be advisable to go for a local bank?

Any help would be appreciated
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finance or Cash

i wouldnt have told you to just leave your car at the airport, if you ever needed to come back to the uae you would be blacklisted, and they would arrest you at the airport etc. not a very sensible suggestion! this is the problem with any sort of finance, whether it be a mortage if you lost your job or whatever you have to pay it all back before you would be allowed to leave (obviously). we always use ADCB.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Black Eyed Susan is an unknown quantity at this point

We use HSBC for our financing of the cars and use ADCB for our everyday banking.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:15 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deemi786
Am wondering whether to purchase a car with finance or cash, if its cash ill only be able to afford 103k AED but if i went for finance could something a more expensive also someone (rightly or wrongly) told me to purchase on finance and then if i ever leave , leave the car at the airport and say your goodbyes!

Bit worrying and when questioned didnt say much else? Also who's the best bank to get finance with, ive looked on the net and there's Lloyds TSb and HSBC in Dubai, or would it be advisable to go for a local bank?

Any help would be appreciated
Definitely wrong advice. You will be dealing with an international bank, which would blacklist you immediately you fled the country. Use cash...its plenty if you buy a preowned SUV from Al Futtaim Automall or similar. We paid 60,000 for a nice Jeep Cherokee.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Or, take the car on finance, buy something perhaps newer/nicer than you can afford in cash. Interest rates from a dealer can be quite reasonable if you haggle enough with them.

If you can afford 100k in cash, then finance a bit more and see what else is out there.

I wouldn't just abandon the car at the airport though... not a sensible idea.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:05 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Finance or Cash

Originally Posted by lionheart
Use cash...its plenty if you buy a preowned SUV from Al Futtaim Automall or similar. We paid 60,000 for a nice Jeep Cherokee.
He's not wrong you know: http://www.automalluae.com/