Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A few boring questions...

A few boring questions...

Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default A few boring questions...

....where can I get custom made blinds? I want them specific sizes and also put up for us, anyone?

Er...and where can I get myself a really nice, comfy chair to sit at my computer from?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:11 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few boring questions...

Sedar, just across the Satwa roundabout from the Rydges...or on SZR
Also Feshwari on SZR....they will come and measure and hang them for you...
Or CurtainLand, next to CarpetLand in the Al Nasr Area, Pyramid building...I think there is an old thread with a little map on here somewhere...

Office furniture...not too sure....they had some nice chairs some time ago at ID Design, MoE upstairs about Carrefour...they sell desks and chairs at most of the furniture shops, you will just have to shop around...you know you like that...lol
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:13 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
Sedar, just across the Satwa roundabout from the Rydges...or on SZR
Also Feshwari on SZR....they will come and measure and hang them for you...
Or CurtainLand, next to CarpetLand in the Al Nasr Area, Pyramid building...I think there is an old thread with a little map on here somewhere...

Office furniture...not too sure....they had some nice chairs some time ago at ID Design, MoE upstairs about Carrefour...they sell desks and chairs at most of the furniture shops, you will just have to shop around...you know you like that...lol
heh, cheers - you're the best MataHari, you kow that?
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:19 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
heh, cheers - you're the best MataHari, you kow that?
oh, just remembered, saw some nice desk chairs at Habitat on Beach Road not so long ago...think the mall is called Jumeirah Plaza (MM will know), it's opposite the Village Mall...they were so nice I'd buy them myself...modern but comfy, not overly office looking...(if that makes any sense)
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

sedar are good. they came to our gaff and measured up these fancy metallic vertical blinds we (as in she) were after..

not the cheapest but good quality. Ask them to take the SEDAR label off the runner beam...

Unless you are one of the people who keep the labels on your brand new car etc...
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:26 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh, just remembered, saw some nice desk chairs at Habitat on Beach Road not so long ago...think the mall is called Jumeirah Plaza (MM will know), it's opposite the Village Mall...they were so nice I'd buy them myself...modern but comfy, not overly office looking...(if that makes any sense)
yeah I've been there, I may go and have a look.

you know the problem with dubai? there's ***** all online, if this was the UK all the shops would have online stores and I could just find ones I liked and go and buy one or go out and see it.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:26 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
sedar are good. they came to our gaff and measured up these fancy metallic vertical blinds we (as in she) were after..

not the cheapest but good quality. Ask them to take the SEDAR label off the runner beam...

Unless you are one of the people who keep the labels on your brand new car etc...
metallic? YUK. We've just bought a stack of dark teak furniture from luckies so need some nice wooden blinds.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

metallic? YUK. We've just bought a stack of dark teak furniture from luckies so need some nice wooden blinds.
wooden blinds are sooo Y2K...then again as a geordie i assumed such a lack of class

edit as in metalic, i dont mean shiny silver bonny lad
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:40 am
why ayeeeee man!

wooden blinds are sooo Y2K...then again as a geordie i assumed such a lack of class

metallic blinds man?thats 80's-tastic that fella me lad, reminds me of being at school.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

also not the best of things to keep light and heat out of rooms in the summer!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

for **** sake, we have lived here long enough not to have bought some tinfoil for our livingroom to keep out the sun...

I repeat, maybe metalic is the incorrect description, they are not heat conductive and are not shiny. They are very similar to the normal vertical blinds but just a more sturdy and better designed..

It will be nice to watch your wooden ones deteriorate in the summer heat. Keep them out of direct sunlight...(shit they are blinds..go figure....)...
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

for **** sake, we have lived here long enough not to have bought some tinfoil for our livingroom to keep out the sun...

I repeat, maybe metalic is the incorrect description, they are not heat conductive and are not shiny. They are very similar to the normal vertical blinds but just a more sturdy and better designed..

It will be nice to watch your wooden ones deteriorate in the summer heat. Keep them out of direct sunlight...(shit they are blinds..go figure....)...
well what exactly do you mean about metallic then? show me...
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:57 am
hmmmm...nice

lol boys...

(oh, forget about Feshwari, they are into fabrics/upholstery, not seen the wooden ones in there)
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

well what exactly do you mean about metallic then? show me...
http://www.sedaremirates.com/home_en.php

they are actually PVC vertical blinds (i think, but i am not too sure). The picture on the website is pretty naff, but they have lots of designs. They are very heavy duty and great quality. Not the cheapest but worth it. Obviously we have not went for the jingly patterns, just a contrasting colour to our walls...very very nice.

After all Curtains/blinds are the one thing you dont want to spend TOO much on in rented property...
Old Apr 28th 2008, 6:16 am
why ayeeeee man!

http://www.sedaremirates.com/home_en.php

they are actually PVC vertical blinds (i think, but i am not too sure). The picture on the website is pretty naff, but they have lots of designs. They are very heavy duty and great quality. Not the cheapest but worth it. Obviously we have not went for the jingly patterns, just a contrasting colour to our walls...very very nice.

After all Curtains/blinds are the one thing you dont want to spend TOO much on in rented property...
I see what you mean. (Christ what an awful website)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.