Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Female new-ish to Bahrain

Female new-ish to Bahrain

Old Sep 19th 2010, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

BeautyMaven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Female new-ish to Bahrain

Just arrived last week, currently job hunting and going a bit nuts as a result.

Any other ladies at a loose end want to meet for coffee and a natter during the week?
I checked out Expat Woman but it seems to be deserted
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:38 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Female new-ish to Bahrain

Jump on a plane to Dubai instead...plenty of action over here.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Good place to meet other ladies is here

http://www.worldbeatfitness.com/

I'd love to join you, but unfortunately I live in Jeddah
:cry_s mile:
Old May 5th 2011, 11:31 am
Just Joined

pari is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Beauty Maven,

My husband also got the job offer from Bahrain,I have gone thru all ur posts regarding relocation and employment clause ,now in his contract also the same clause is there what does it really mean " you shall bear the deductions and withholdings if any that the company is required to make pursuant to social insurance and any other applicable regulations that may be issued from time to time by local authorities" and if it is family status will they bear the initial expenses of flight charges to Bahrain and also the residency.

And about accommodation can we get a double bed room flat central AC within 180 BD as one of our friend earlier told us.

Pl clarify my doubts.
Old May 5th 2011, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pari
Dear Beauty Maven,

My husband also got the job offer from Bahrain,I have gone thru all ur posts regarding relocation and employment clause ,now in his contract also the same clause is there what does it really mean " you shall bear the deductions and withholdings if any that the company is required to make pursuant to social insurance and any other applicable regulations that may be issued from time to time by local authorities" and if it is family status will they bear the initial expenses of flight charges to Bahrain and also the residency.

And about accommodation can we get a double bed room flat central AC within 180 BD as one of our friend earlier told us.

Pl clarify my doubts.
I think that clause simply means that the "national insurance" is deducted from your husband's salary, not paid by the employer, but it was only about BHD 40 per month if I remember correctly. Not an obstacle, but it might be worth just asking how much it is.
Old May 6th 2011, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Dear Beauty Maven,

Pl clarify my doubts.
Hi, their are two charges that can be deducted for social insurance, one is called "GOSI" which is 1% of salary and the other is for "LMRA" 10BD per month, but LMRA charge has been stopped for 6 months as from April to help expats due to the unrest.
This website will tell you all you need to know:- http://portal.lmra.bh/english/
180BD for a flat, is that weekly or monthly if monthly, you can but it will not be very nice and unfurnished, also the problem is it will more than likely be in a area ( shiite ) where their could be unrest due to the ongoing problems out here. Just to give you an idea I live in Juffair ( good area ) and a nice 1 bed furnished apartment is around 425BD - 500BD per month. Their are bargains but not at 180BD.

Last edited by markinbahrain; May 6th 2011 at 6:45 am.
Old May 6th 2011, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Dear Dean & markinbahrain,

Thanks for ur replies and the information.I want to know what will be the rent for a unfurnished flat 2 bed room flat central ac near to indian schools.
Old May 6th 2011, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Dear Dean & markinbahrain,

Thanks for ur replies and the information.I want to know what will be the rent for a unfurnished flat 2 bed room flat central ac near to indian schools.
The Indian schools being based in Isa Town & Sitra make it much more affordable for you to rent 2 bed flat with AC unfurnished would probably be around 200BD.
Old May 6th 2011, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Dear markinbahrain,

Once again Thanks a lot for ur quick reply.Can u give app idea for the fee structure of 1st and 5th class in indian school.
Old May 6th 2011, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Dear markinbahrain,

Once again Thanks a lot for ur quick reply.Can u give app idea for the fee structure of 1st and 5th class in indian school.
While you're at it Mark, my car is making a strange humming noise that seems to come and go. Can you give me an idea of the cost of repair and/or the root cause of the problem.
Old May 6th 2011, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
While you're at it Mark, my car is making a strange humming noise that seems to come and go. Can you give me an idea of the cost of repair and/or the root cause of the problem.
Tell me about it !! How the hell do i know what that costs.....its a good job I am bored!! Being on here is like being at work !!
Oh by the way,it is probably your big end thats gone.....its going to cost you!!! Fxxx it drop it round later I'll get underneath and have a look for you if you like. How are you doing Ronnie, is Biggs going to do a runner again or is all good as gold for you and the family?

Last edited by markinbahrain; May 6th 2011 at 6:18 pm.
Old May 6th 2011, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
Tell me about it !! How the hell do i know what that costs.....its a good job I am bored!! Being on here is like being at work !!
Oh by the way,it is probably your big end thats gone.....its going to cost you!!! Fxxx it drop it round later I'll get underneath and have a look for you if you like. How are you doing Ronnie, is Biggs going to do a runner again or is all good as gold for you and the family?
Hey mate, we're doing ok, how are you and your boy? Just about to move out of dodge (Barbar) to live next to dodge (Saar.) We haven't done a runner since February but I've started having a look around for another job just in case it goes off again and turns into something worse. We still have round the clock helicopters here and occasionally hear teargas/gunfire. In terms of safety my concern isn't so much what's going on now, it's the payback for what's going on now that worries me.
Old May 6th 2011, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: Female new-ish to Bahrain

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Hey mate, we're doing ok, how are you and your boy? Just about to move out of dodge (Barbar) to live next to dodge (Saar.) We haven't done a runner since February but I've started having a look around for another job just in case it goes off again and turns into something worse. We still have round the clock helicopters here and occasionally hear teargas/gunfire. In terms of safety my concern isn't so much what's going on now, it's the payback for what's going on now that worries me.
Yep, me and me son are fine, I work less hours now to spend more time with him and less on my business. Quad bikes in the desert is killing me Oh and become members of Coral Beach Club, so we stay in our own cocooned little world
I agree Ron,this will not go away. It is all about payback 1/3/9 months down the road. To much has happened and my staff are definately not forgetting what has happened.
It is better for us now the army has took control, at least I can get into BFH now, but my son told me I should move my office as his friends said it could be the next 9/11!!! Lovely eh, it shows what he and his mates think about Bahrain !! Now I just take it all with a pinch of salt, as shiftdelete says "we are just guests". Mate I hope all goes well with the move, are you having a home warming party

Sorry this isnt really our thread for this kind of talk, it was about coffee mornings. Apologies.

Last edited by markinbahrain; May 6th 2011 at 7:34 pm.
Old May 6th 2011, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
... Now I just take it all with a pinch of salt, as shiftdelete says "we are just guests". Mate I hope all goes well with the move, are you having a home warming party

Sorry this isnt really our thread for this kind of talk, it was about coffee mornings. Apologies.
thats going to cost you mate- you don't get to quote a member of the bored for free (he says looking for a smilie with a beer in hand)