Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Female - in Debt due to Loss of Income (3 years)

Female - in Debt due to Loss of Income (3 years)

Old Dec 7th 2021, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Rebloom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Female - in Debt in Qatar: Loss of Income (3 years)

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are enjoying amazing weather days in the country. ☀️

It is a blessing to be living in the Middle East and in Doha of course, however the big situations happen everywhere.

Long story short:

1. Decade in the Middle East
2. 5 years in Qatar
3. First 2.5 years were good in the country
4. Job loss due to redundancy
5. Moved to an extremely small salary job in another company due to the need to urgently finish paying middle size loan
6. Few months on new job - inappropriate behavior from the owners and had to leave

7. Without Job & Income for next 7 months and could not leave the country - fallen into the bigger debt further by borrowing & used all credit card over limit (led me to many times health emergencies in the hospital)
8. Accepted a new job offer - which was not possible to cover even basic needs, but I had to take it in order to spare for Rent & Food & Gas & Bank at minimum for time being (which went on for years)
9. New job ... knowing the situation the owner tried to take advantage to make me stay there working forever for almost free & doing jobs for fired 5 people + daily threats & reduced my salary twice every few months and then started paying just 50% of what was remaining - so I had No any money (&no time due to huge workload), even vacated rent due to nothing available. Bank got horribly worse.
10. Company failed to do transfer under them (so I can't complain on them) & so delayed renewal of QID for 1 year! (right before Covid) & I was not able to get to any interviews due to lockdown & then nobody was interested in offering a job with an expired ID
11. Occured Fine of 5000 & renewal was promised to be paid by company but unfortunately it was a new lie & I had to borrow to pay everything myself in order to have valid ID (I even could not use Ehteraz for many months due to that)
12. After renewal I actively started attending interviews - but company found out about this and stopped paying all pending salaries all together ( even though remaining salary was hardly enough to pay for rent after all their deductions just to stay on that job even for a month more)
13. I had to stay working- because Rent was threatening daily to vacate due to delays & to call police & to change locks (this company was delaying salary for years Every Single Month & threatening to terminate in case of complaints, so rent agency was already angry for so many months of delays as well & were thinking that I was the one who not willing to pay them)

14. Only very few normal salary jobs for my role were available on the market here after Covid & until now no proper job offers with normal salary received
15. I​​​​​​ can't accept any low paid salaries ever again, even for temporary, because it is already 3 years since I can't leave the country due to not enough money to finish debt payment, which is just increasing if you accept a very low paid job (even when I was 17 my salary was many times higher)

16. 80% of interviews that I had were actually not intended to hire me on the job (but had inappropriate hidden behaviors). I will not need or want to detail here. Once after giving me an official job offer letter - I even got after work-duty management calls with private questions & direct offers out, etc. (Job offer was terminated.)
17. As a result a huge waste of time and last cents left on attending these interviews & bigger unnecessary stress

18. Embassies - I Contacted Many to get understanding and none was willing to interfere, "Go to Human Rights" , etc.etc.
19. Human Rights do Not have much to do here (I already saw many people now without jobs & no food & not being able to transfer Visa because they filed for human rights, don't forget company has all needed connections & it takes even more wasted Years to get replies for these cases, so they are just exhausting them until they agree to anything, including not asking for their rights anymore)

20. There is no one left to borrow from here anymore, expats & locals.. (many left, many are feared), huge concern was with men offering help in return for .... so it gets just horribly dirty for a female in debt (I don't have family members abroad either, don't have property abroad, no savings left)

21. Sold everything by now - including fridge & washing machine & furniture & laptops, etc. My iPhone & iPad broken (I have no food & necessities & no laptop & no proper mobile device & using outdated Android which stucks every minute)

22. Due to a high volume of being approached by strange men after falling in debt - I had to seek advice from local Charities, which was a huge waste of time (months) & my last resources.
They do not help to Non-Arabs & to singles without kids (their response).
Instead - they suggested me to get married fast to anybody! to get pregnant to have kids & even there were men offering me their mobile numbers in the premises of those charities and strangers started texting me after that "to get acquainted" (I did not give my number to those men, so they received it from who...)

23. I also tried to approach accounts on Instagram (local & international) - no results (especially for locally based ones - they seem to be afraid to help)

24. I can't just go to online and post my name and details - Because my career is so important to me & such situations affect it a lot, especially for future (now more than ever) & people tend to judge because don't have capacity to empathize or time to understand what is really going on

25. Lawyers - cannot help, because I have no money to pay them & if they would start I would not have money to live for years again without income here waiting for unknown results

26. Bigger problem is after all this: even just to move to another country for better job - I still have to have money to Rent a new property & to get all needed necessities, food, transportation & even clothes & medical appointments & simply to start new life & to have enough cash to live for a few months searching for a new job again

27. Tried to create fundraiser account, but PayPal deleted my account 4 times - there is no other way to do that
​​​​​​

Observation:
there are simply No jobs in my sector in the country at all and I cannot stay here any longer without food & medical & even no more car to move around (even for interviews) & no money for rent & I can't stay here until I turn 100 years to finally get back to my life

E mail:
<snip>

Please any advice or help would be highly appreciated.
It's a long story I know, but it's been 3 years too...
Thank you

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 7th 2021 at 10:50 am. Reason: No email address on the forum pls
Old Dec 7th 2021, 10:48 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Female - in Debt due to Loss of Income (3 years)

Just leave if you can.
and walk away from it all. It's obvious you're not going to get any of that lot sorted out.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Just leave if you can.
and walk away from it all. It's obvious you're not going to get any of that lot sorted out.
Unfortunately I am not allowed to leave until it is fixed ....
Old Dec 7th 2021, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough

Who’s stopping you leaving the country (eg on annual leave): immigration authorities or your employer?
Old Dec 7th 2021, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

As a last resort, try getting in touch with the local rag Doha News and telling them your situation. If (and its a big 'if') they publish your story then there's always a possibility some anonymous businessman/woman might take pity on your predicament and offer to pay off all your debts (string-free) so that you can leave the country and re-build your life elsewhere. Probably a long shot but well worth a try.

Maybe try finding out more about Qatar Charity’s Al Gharemin [the debtors] campaign?

Also worth reading this on DN.

Qataris online rally to scrap bank debts

Old Dec 7th 2021, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
Who’s stopping you leaving the country (eg on annual leave): immigration authorities or your employer?
Immigration authorities already..
Old Dec 7th 2021, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

My advice would be to do an remote-online job and get paid that way to clear the debts. Qatar looks to be a dead end but a remote employer won't care about all these issues.

What job do you do, what skills do you have?

Old Dec 7th 2021, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
As a last resort, try getting in touch with the local rag Doha News and telling them your situation. If (and its a big 'if') they publish your story then there's always a possibility some anonymous businessman/woman might take pity on your predicament and offer to pay off all your debts (string-free) so that you can leave the country and re-build your life elsewhere. Probably a long shot but well worth a try.

Maybe try finding out more about Qatar Charity’s Al Gharemin [the debtors] campaign?

Also worth reading this on DN.

Thank you for Doha News - will think over (as I don't want to disclose my name / personal details of course)

​​​​​​Qatar Charity - been there already for 2 months Every Single Day and met their top Management:
they don't help Non-Arabs & who don't have kids,
So their only advice was to get married & kids instead of searching for a new job
Old Dec 7th 2021, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
My advice would be to do an remote-online job and get paid that way to clear the debts. Qatar looks to be a dead end but a remote employer won't care about all these issues.

What job do you do, what skills do you have?
Thank you for this, but don't have any proper device for this now (sold all my laptops & iPhone broken & PayPal account - can't create here, they seem not trusting or is it a regional occurrence).
The thing is instability & insecurities of remote jobs (I myself know companies here who never paid remote employees from freelance websites)

Office Administration Management
Old Dec 7th 2021, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rebloom
Thank you for Doha News - will think over (as I don't want to disclose my name / personal details of course)

​​​​​​Qatar Charity - been there already for 2 months Every Single Day and met their top Management:
they don't help Non-Arabs & who don't have kids,
So their only advice was to get married & kids instead of searching for a new job
Then its a perfect opportunity for you to explain to the journo's that debt support/management for expats in Qatar is pretty much non-existent. Wrt privacy, they won't publish your real name/personal details/photo if you don't want them to. Get in touch with them, you have nothing to lose.

Last edited by psychopomp1; Dec 7th 2021 at 7:35 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it's Daily Mail (they would love to trash Qatar and the World Cup) or OnlyFans.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

pharid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Looks like it's Daily Mail (they would love to trash Qatar and the World Cup) or OnlyFans.
hahahahahahahahaha

I have been a silent reader for over 1.5 years but i decided to create an account just so i can say that this comment had me falling off my chair laughing hhhhhhhhh
and yeah regarding the thread itself its not 100% genuine i hope no one fall for it

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 8th 2021 at 10:23 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2021, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pharid
hahahahahahahahaha

I have been a silent reader for over 1.5 years but i decided to create an account just so i can say that this comment had me falling off my chair laughing hhhhhhhhh
and yeah regarding the thread itself its not 100% genuine i hope no one fall for it
If anyone needs a reminder...WE ARE BEING SILENTLY MONITORED *wavesmiley
Old Dec 9th 2021, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

hahahahahahahahaha

Old Dec 10th 2021, 7:09 am
Just Joined

hahahahahahahahaha

What is not genuine?
​​​​​

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.