Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Feedback Re Schools in Riyadh with British Curriculum (coming from UK)?

Feedback Re Schools in Riyadh with British Curriculum (coming from UK)?

Old Sep 23rd 2022, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Abu Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feedback Re Schools in Riyadh with British Curriculum (coming from UK)?

Any help/reply is very much appreciated.

I have 9,8 & 6 years old kids (currently in Y5, Y4 & Y2 in London) planning to bring them soon, I am looking for schools with British curriculum in Riyadh, I would like to know or hear from families who have their kids in schools here, suggestions for good schools with feedback (apart form BISR- very expensive).

Please let know here or in a private message.

Thanks

Old Sep 24th 2022, 8:13 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feedback Re Schools in Riyadh with British Curriculum (coming from UK)?

I used to know a lot of families who had their kids at the Multinational School Riyadh, about half the price of British School. They all seemed happy enough with it. I believe they followed Cambridge Standards etc, leading up to doing IGCSE.
Old Sep 24th 2022, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Feedback Re Schools in Riyadh with British Curriculum (coming from UK)?

Hi nonthaburi,

Thanks for your reply, appreciated. This Multinational school Riyadh has (based on Google reviews) moved to a new building and now called "Adhwaa Multinational" (I can post links as I am new) and you when you click on the link it will show as "Reigate Grammar School Riyadh".

Re fees, its 52.5k SAR for Y4-Y6 which is very high and not even close to half of BISR.

Please let me know if you know any other schools.

btw, many people viewing the thread but you the only one replied :-).

Thanks

Last edited by Abu Omar; Sep 24th 2022 at 10:02 am.
Old Sep 24th 2022, 2:12 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abu Omar
Hi nonthaburi,

Thanks for your reply, appreciated. This Multinational school Riyadh has (based on Google reviews) moved to a new building and now called "Adhwaa Multinational" (I can post links as I am new) and you when you click on the link it will show as "Reigate Grammar School Riyadh".

Re fees, its 52.5k SAR for Y4-Y6 which is very high and not even close to half of BISR.

Please let me know if you know any other schools.

btw, many people viewing the thread but you the only one replied :-).

Thanks
Ah okay. It used to be around 40k whereas the British School was around 70-80-90 depending on the age. Times change I guess.
Old Sep 28th 2022, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

ballak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Abu Omar
Any help/reply is very much appreciated.

I have 9,8 & 6 years old kids (currently in Y5, Y4 & Y2 in London) planning to bring them soon, I am looking for schools with British curriculum in Riyadh, I would like to know or hear from families who have their kids in schools here, suggestions for good schools with feedback (apart form BISR- very expensive).

Please let know here or in a private message.

Thanks
Abu Omar

I am planning on moving next year and my wife got in contact with multinational school riyadh, however the past couple of months i believe they have been rebranded as Reigate Grammar School Riyadh. ALl the prices and information remains the same. I am planning on relocating the family next year once I am settled in but it will be good to get your feedback once you are there.
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Reigate Grammar School has a great reputation. It's where the next UK PM Kier Starmer went!

They have schools in Vietnam, China and KSA. Expanding.
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

UK next PM Kier Starmer!

@Ballak & @flares,
But its very expensive tbh, similar fees to BISR.
Aldenham Prep Riyadh is a British one but again very high fees and they open to Y6 only.

Do you know any other British ones in Riyadh?

Thanks
Old Oct 4th 2022, 8:34 am
Just Joined

abu
I think Reigate is still cheaper than the others and probably as low as you would expect. I guess the other option is to put them in state school however not sure what the eligibility criteria is for an expat, it is worth checking as you may qualify. Perhaps another alternative might be home schooling. Worth considering.
Old Oct 4th 2022, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks ballak, I might be considering an IB Curriculum school called "Al Faris International" I am checking with them, they have good reputation; it was recommended by work colleagues and I know someone who has his kids in it.

UK Y5 equivalent is G4, Y4 is G3 and Y2 is G1.

But no idea on if decided to go back to UK after some time (for GCSE/A level); I mean in terms of moving from IB to British curriculum but hopefully shouldn't be an issue.
Old Oct 4th 2022, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Al farris doesnt seem much cheaper than Reigate. But they are cheaper nonetheless.

Good luck and keep us posted. Are you going to be based in Riyadh or elsewhere. I should be flying over at the end of the month.