Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Fathers permission

Fathers permission

Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all
Default Fathers permission

I am currently looking in to AD whilst I wait for the long and boring wait for my visa for Oz (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz which at this rate I will be 207!!). I know there are similar threads but cant find one specific to what I want to ask - anyhow here goes. A company has got in touch with me with a teacher advisory role (which means working for the gov). Do I still have to have permission to take my son over from his dad? We never married and my son has my surname - I know with Oz you dont need permission because I never married him. Also my current partner (who I would have to do a quickie wedding with) is obviously not his dad - will this cause a further headache too? How do you go about getting sole (have I spelt that right - I am not an English teacher by the way lol!!!) custody or a letter stating that I can take him out of the country? Does this have to be done via a solicitor - if so any ideas how much this costs?
Any help from you lot out there would me much appreciated - ta
Old Oct 25th 2009, 9:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fathers permission

Originally Posted by Capt Emz I Think
I am currently looking in to AD whilst I wait for the long and boring wait for my visa for Oz (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz which at this rate I will be 207!!). I know there are similar threads but cant find one specific to what I want to ask - anyhow here goes. A company has got in touch with me with a teacher advisory role (which means working for the gov). Do I still have to have permission to take my son over from his dad? We never married and my son has my surname - I know with Oz you dont need permission because I never married him. Also my current partner (who I would have to do a quickie wedding with) is obviously not his dad - will this cause a further headache too? How do you go about getting sole (have I spelt that right - I am not an English teacher by the way lol!!!) custody or a letter stating that I can take him out of the country? Does this have to be done via a solicitor - if so any ideas how much this costs?
Any help from you lot out there would me much appreciated - ta
it can be done but you will need a letter from your Son's Father giving permission for it to happen. It is tricky thought and don't assume that you will be able to sponsor your son as you are not married, getting married to your partner might make a difference but again don't guarantee it. I would speak to the school and make sure they can guarantee that you will be able to sponsor your son. How old is he?
Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it can be done but you will need a letter from your Son's Father giving permission for it to happen. It is tricky thought and don't assume that you will be able to sponsor your son as you are not married, getting married to your partner might make a difference but again don't guarantee it. I would speak to the school and make sure they can guarantee that you will be able to sponsor your son. How old is he?
My son became a teenager TODAY!!!! aghhh!!! Yes so he's 13. The post is as an advisor and it will be working in a state school not a private one. Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2009, 11:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

My son became a teenager TODAY!!!! aghhh!!! Yes so he's 13. The post is as an advisor and it will be working in a state school not a private one. Thanks
it can be done but remember it is a Muslim Country and they are funny about shit like this so be careful
Old Oct 25th 2009, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

They are funny here about this sort of stuff. You will be required to produce birth certificates, and marriage certificates for everything, not just passports.

You may come unstuck with your OH's company PRO trying to do stuff - like enrolling at schools and arranging medical insurance. You may also have difficulty with your visas for immigration.

Not trying to put you off, but be warned, as BC says they can be prickly.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spart
They are funny here about this sort of stuff. You will be required to produce birth certificates, and marriage certificates for everything, not just passports.

You may come unstuck with your OH's company PRO trying to do stuff - like enrolling at schools and arranging medical insurance. You may also have difficulty with your visas for immigration.

Not trying to put you off, but be warned, as BC says they can be prickly.
Thanks for all your advice so far guys - just seems like lots of doom and gloom trying to do anything - i'm convinced someone up there is saying ' You are confined to the town of Wigan for the rest of your days' - aghhhhh!!!!
Spart sorry I didnt understand what you meant by the above part that i've highlighted in red. Could just explain what you mean - cheers
Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:57 am
Concierge

Thanks for all your advice so far guys - just seems like lots of doom and gloom trying to do anything - i'm convinced someone up there is saying ' You are confined to the town of Wigan for the rest of your days' - aghhhhh!!!!
Spart sorry I didnt understand what you meant by the above part that i've highlighted in red. Could just explain what you mean - cheers
Spart is assuming you are coming with your husband and that his employer will sort stuff out, this isn't the case though
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Spart is assuming you are coming with your husband and that his employer will sort stuff out, this isn't the case though
Thanx BC
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

If you being the short version of the birth certificate then you will not need the fathers permission as you can say that you do not know who the father is, there is no issues if you do it this way.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Holking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really nice

Hi,

it is worth persevering. bring a letter of no objection from son's father also just in case you need it. Here things can get done, you just may have to try a few ways to do it. I know a few people here who have sponsored children without their fathers being here.

Weather better than Wigan! Just take care which company though as some much better to work for than others.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Sorry - assumed you were coming over with your partner, as BC said above.