Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The fate of your car...

The fate of your car...

Old Jun 19th 2005, 12:31 pm
W10

Default Re: The fate of your car...

Well not quite. It is a genuine story.

However its more likely to be Dubai issues stupid ruling, everyone in uproar, Dubai reviews ruling, ruling never comes to pass in the first place.

It's startlingly similar to the Labour Party in England

Old Jun 19th 2005, 12:33 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Huh never have a car long enough to worry about it's fate

Anyone seen the new NEW mustang..............puts my new mustang to shame
Old Jun 19th 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by W10

However its more likely to be Dubai issues stupid ruling, everyone in uproar, Dubai reviews ruling, ruling never comes to pass in the first place.

That's what I'm saying just filling up space in newspapers and something to talk about.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:13 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by W10

hmm....... this may be true, but we will have to see what happens.....

apparently the law is now in place and vehicle models dated 1999 or earlier will now no longer be registered......

we have to wait and see how this plays out....
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
hmm....... this may be true, but we will have to see what happens.....

apparently the law is now in place and vehicle models dated 1999 or earlier will now no longer be registered......

we have to wait and see how this plays out....

It's about playing with people's minds. If the law doesn't pass, people will feel a huge sense of relief and the government will look good for having achieved something.

Has anyone ever noticed when sitting in an airplane how the pilot announces a one hour delay for having missed take off time only to be told 5 minutes later that the delay has been shortened to 30 minutes and a further 5 minutes into the wait it is proudly announced that take off will be in 5 minutes? Had they been announcing delays of 15 minutes in the first place, people would be outraged, frustrated, nag and complain but as the delay has successfully been shortened, everyone is relieved not having to wait for an hour cooped up and just forget about the initial delay. Clever mind tactics.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:46 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

It's also about managing peoples expectations, a very common sales technique - as in 80% off sales etc.

Just as an aside, a pilot friend of mine said that sometimes the reasons for those annoying little delays, especially in what are known as 3rd world countries, are because the guy in the XXX Airlines plane, that is 5 behind you paid more cash (Literally in brown envelopes) so that there flight can take off first. And to quote JD

FACT!!

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
It's about playing with people's minds. If the law doesn't pass, people will feel a huge sense of relief and the government will look good for having achieved something.

Has anyone ever noticed when sitting in an airplane how the pilot announces a one hour delay for having missed take off time only to be told 5 minutes later that the delay has been shortened to 30 minutes and a further 5 minutes into the wait it is proudly announced that take off will be in 5 minutes? Had they been announcing delays of 15 minutes in the first place, people would be outraged, frustrated, nag and complain but as the delay has successfully been shortened, everyone is relieved not having to wait for an hour cooped up and just forget about the initial delay. Clever mind tactics.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:56 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Clever mind tactics.

It could be that, but the car dealer and agents stand to make HUGE profits as they can now hike prices without even thinking as people will have no choice, but to buy new cars every 5 years, as they have done in Kuwait! :scared:
Old Jun 20th 2005, 7:39 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

All down to air traffic control slots they are initially given the worse scenario - don't think the pilots would be clever enough to put damage limitations into place don't say I said though
Old Jun 20th 2005, 7:43 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
All down to air traffic control slots they are initially given the worse scenario - don't think the pilots would be clever enough to put damage limitations into place don't say I said though
I would never have believed that
Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

9points is a jewel in the rough9points is a jewel in the rough9points is a jewel in the rough9points is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Hmmmm a cheeky Newbie indeed, where are you from 9 points

Welcome btw
Thanks RT, face and everyone.
I'm from a country that has been liberated 2 years ago called Iraq. Wow, some of you might not like the "lib......" word and say, look at this ......... guy. OK, whatever.

I live in London at the moment and might move to Dubai in the near future. I've been in Dubai many times and had a part time job in a Forex brokerage firm in Bur Dubai.
I am not addicted to your site yet, but who knows. Well we will see.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 3:32 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 9points
Thanks RT, face and everyone.
I'm from a country that has been liberated 2 years ago called Iraq. Wow, some of you might not like the "lib......" word and say, look at this ......... guy. OK, whatever.

I live in London at the moment and might move to Dubai in the near future. I've been in Dubai many times and had a part time job in a Forex brokerage firm in Bur Dubai.
I am not addicted to your site yet, but who knows. Well we will see.
So originally from Iraq now living in London. Bit of a change eh?? So how are you finding London, had you been there before?

If i didn't welcome you before i have now .
Old Jun 20th 2005, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

9points is a jewel in the rough9points is a jewel in the rough9points is a jewel in the rough9points is a jewel in the rough

Actually this has happened to me yesterday when I went to Brighton. The bus driver got a phone call when we were near Gatwick saying there is a huge delay and it might take him another 2 hours to get there. The driver told us the bad news, but amazingly he took a short cut, and we were in Brighton just 20 minutes late. Well done to the driver and to the Global Positioning System. Brighton was great and very very busy.

I have asked myself everytime I travelled to the Middle East, why there were delays with these MD airlines, (Gulf, Qatar, Royal Jordanian). Are they a second class airlines? . Do the traffic controllers let the BA, KLM, .... fly first.

Now I know why.Thank you Palm Tree.

Thank you RT. I have been living in London for the last 10 years. I am a bit tired from the winter here. . Everything else is just fine.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 4:51 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Actually this has happened to me yesterday when I went to Brighton. The bus driver got a phone call when we were near Gatwick saying there is a huge delay and it might take him another 2 hours to get there. The driver told us the bad news, but amazingly he took a short cut, and we were in Brighton just 20 minutes late. Well done to the driver and to the Global Positioning System. Brighton was great and very very busy.

I have asked myself everytime I travelled to the Middle East, why there were delays with these MD airlines, (Gulf, Qatar, Royal Jordanian). Are they a second class airlines? . Do the traffic controllers let the BA, KLM, .... fly first.

Now I know why.Thank you Palm Tree.

Thank you RT. I have been living in London for the last 10 years. I am a bit tired from the winter here. . Everything else is just fine.
LOL so you are used to the crappy winters then

Don't know which i prefer, crappy winters or these Dubai summers
Old Jun 20th 2005, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
LOL so you are used to the crappy winters then

Don't know which i prefer, crappy winters or these Dubai summers
It is not me who don't like the winter. It is my body which is not used to it even after 10 years. Can you imagine.

Yes Dubai summer is :scared: .

By the way, Tom Cruise had a very bad day in London today. Check the news out.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 8:00 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

It is not me who don't like the winter. It is my body which is not used to it even after 10 years. Can you imagine.

Yes Dubai summer is :scared: .

By the way, Tom Cruise had a very bad day in London today. Check the news out.
yes ... he got wet ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.