Family Residency

Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

bigalmcdonald is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Residency

Hi,

I've had a job offer in Dubai, and want to move my wife, my toddler and 17 year old step son out with me. My stepson has left school in England following his GCSE's and is not academically minded at all.

I've been told that I wouldn't be able to get a residency for him.

Does anybody know if this is true or not.

Thanks
Bigal
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:43 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Residency

Originally Posted by bigalmcdonald
Hi,

I've had a job offer in Dubai, and want to move my wife, my toddler and 17 year old step son out with me. My stepson has left school in England following his GCSE's and is not academically minded at all.

Thanks
Bigal

sadly Al that is true you can only sponsorr boys up to the age of 18.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
You can sponsor if they are in full time education! Most kids are hitting or past 19 when they finish they A levels and how would would it work for all the Uni's if parents could sponsor up to 18 only
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigalmcdonald
Hi,

Thanks
Bigal
There is always a way around things here, ask the PRO at the company who have offered you the job to investigate for you

Good luck

AC
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:00 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
You can sponsor if they are in full time education! Most kids are hitting or past 19 when they finish they A levels and how would would it work for all the Uni's if parents could sponsor up to 18 only

Al states quite clearly that his son is not academically minded so the education visa to me was not an option
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

this statement is not true
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Al states quite clearly that his son is not academically minded so the education visa to me was not an option
Thats not the point BC, you can sponsor your boy child past 18!

Anything is doable here, the law says that only women teachers and doctors can sponsor their children but there a plenty of women who are not in those professions sponsoring their children

Last edited by Grace O Malley; Jul 18th 2008 at 2:12 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:32 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Residents guide

Family life
***Date of Article November 2007.Principle same;costs 'may have' changed.

Dubai: If a man sponsors his stepchildren their residence visas will be valid only for one year.

The visa can be renewed annually and sponsor has to put up a Dh5,000 deposit for each child. The deposit has to be paid at the Naturalisation and Residency Department and will be returned on cancellation of the visa.

Before applying visa for stepchildren, you need to first check at the department if the application will be approved as questions regarding guardianship of the children must be addressed and cleared.

The application will first have to be approved by the director-general of the department.

Approval

The question of custody of children must be approved by the court in the mother's country and also by the UAE Embassy and Foreign Ministry in her home country. The mother must show proof that she has legal custody of her children from her former husband.

The man who wishes to sponsor his wife's son or daughter must submit to the department a no objection letter from the father of the children that he agrees that his son or daughter can be sponsored by their stepfather who lives in the UAE.

The letter must be approved and be legally binding and should be signed by the proper authority in the child's home country. It should also be approved by the UAE Embassy in the country of the child and also by the foreign ministry.

The father or the child or the guardian must state in the letter that he does not have any objection to the son or daughter shifting to the UAE and being sponsored by their stepfather.

If the father of the child is dead and the mother remarried, the grandparents or relatives of the child must give the no-objection letter in accordance with the law in their own country.

All documents must be official, legal and approved from the concerned authorities.

If the former husband of the wife or his family members are living in the UAE, the wife should obtain proof of custody from the court and a no-objection letter from the father of her children or from his family or their legal guardians.

To do list
Documents needed

A woman cannot sponsor her former husband's children unless she falls in the category who can sponsor her own family, such as a working mother.
The Naturalisation and Residency Department can allow her to sponsor her stepson or stepdaughter on humanitarian grounds which is decided by the head of the department.
If the sponsored child is under 18 years, the application must include the birth certificate in addition to all needed documents.
- All children must go to school if they are of school age and should be enrolled in an educational institution.
If the sponsored stepson is over 18 years, you need to submit a certificate from an authorised education institution here.
If you wish to sponsor your stepdaughter and she is over 18 years, she should be enrolled in an authorised educational institution here and that educational institution must approve that.
To sponsor stepchildren, the man's salary must be over Dh6,000 including accommodation.
Papers needed are copy of the sponsor's passport; salary certificate; labour contract.
The stepfather should also submit a document saying that he will financially support the children. It should be attested by his embassy here and the foreign ministry in his country.
Fees for the resident visa is Dh300 for each child.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:44 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gulfnews.com/uaessentials...ide/index.html

Should open Gulf News' Residents Guide covering a variety of questions.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

but he is just 17, if you know what i mean, and the way he looks is way beyond compare.....
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:42 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
but he is just 17, if you know what i mean, and the way he looks is way beyond compare.....
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:43 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by annacarna
Thats not the point BC, you can sponsor your boy child past 18!

Anything is doable here, the law says that only women teachers and doctors can sponsor their children but there a plenty of women who are not in those professions sponsoring their children
yes you can sponsor your son over the age of 18 if he is in full time education and Al has already said his son is not an academic.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

its a beetles song dafty....kind of
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

oh BC your turn
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busybee2
oh BC your turn
dont be like that, BC will give me a good slap in the head the next time i see her if i step out of line..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.