Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Family Residence Visa with UK Employment Contract

Family Residence Visa with UK Employment Contract

Old Jan 20th 2014, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

hot_stepper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Residence Visa with UK Employment Contract

Hi All, I have a query regarding my ability to sponsor my family later this year.

I am being asked to consultant at a Quasi Government body in AD for a number of months, through a UK consultancy where my relationship with that consultancy will be on a contractor basis i.e. my Ltd. company billing there's and therefore a UK based contract being in force. Around September / October the opportunity to take a permanent placement with the end customer in AD will be available to me.

My understanding is that the AD institution act as the sponsor for my visa, however, I am looking to move my family out after the UK school year ends in July and for me to be able to sponsor them it appears that I need a. my residency permit but b. a local contract of employment & wage certificate.

Is anyone aware of whether I am going to be able to sponsor them directly myself or should I be getting agreement upfront that my sponsor will also sponsor them (if even possible)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, what I am trying to avoid is me arriving in April, planning the rest of the family's move, only to not be able to get them out until after the start of the next school year once I have transitioned into a permanent role.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Residence Visa with UK Employment Contract

have you got them a school place? you can get a mission visa i believe which is like a professional temporary visa for 6 months i think, once you have a local contract then you could get a normal residence visa... or you do visa runs each month... but schools in auh require emirates id and residence visa etc.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi BusyBee,

Yes I have school places offered for them but all dependant on the final paperwork being done.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot_stepper
Hi BusyBee,

Yes I have school places offered for them but all dependant on the final paperwork being done.
u had places offered for next year already? didnt think schools had decided just yet. which one?
Old Jan 20th 2014, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

normally you are sponsored by the company and then you sponsor your family as long as you meet the criteria minimum salary etc. but remember the tax situation too!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busybee2
u had places offered for next year already? didnt think schools had decided just yet. which one?
Well not fully offered yet but places reserved @ Cranleigh for the 2 youngest - working on the 14yr olds place now!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hot_stepper
Well not fully offered yet but places reserved @ Cranleigh for the 2 youngest - working on the 14yr olds place now!
mmmmh yeh cranleigh hope you got deep pockets lol...... i am assuming that its not going up to the 14 years old year yet being a new school..... so u presuming applying for the likes of bcad or bsak as that would be the closest? but having kids in 2 schools a bit of a pain especially if they are far between each one with the traffic around mina and salam st in the morning rush hours can be a nitemare.