Family only areas

Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all
Default Family only areas

Long time lurker, first time poster - I searched and couldn't find an answer so let's welly straight in...
The letter in 7days prompts me to ask this, but I've been thinking about it for a while. Does anyone know where the 16 'family only' areas in Dubai are?
DM website is as unhelpful as ever and google just presents endless property ads.
Is this another tool that unscrupulous landlords will try to use to get round the (quite effective) rent committee?
Apologies if this is a bone question,

Haddock
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family only areas

Originally Posted by Cry haddock
Long time lurker, first time poster - I searched and couldn't find an answer so let's welly straight in...
The letter in 7days prompts me to ask this, but I've been thinking about it for a while. Does anyone know where the 16 'family only' areas in Dubai are?
DM website is as unhelpful as ever and google just presents endless property ads.
Is this another tool that unscrupulous landlords will try to use to get round the (quite effective) rent committee?

Haddock
Hello, my fishy friend. I don't know the answer to your question, but as you've turned from a lurker to a poster may I be the first to welcome you!
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...welcome. I haven't heard of these family only areas, but hope someone will be able to give you the skinny...

MM, xx
Old Sep 30th 2007, 7:23 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cry haddock

Haddock
Didn't know there were 16 areas - I remember reading about jumeirah & umm sequiem was surprised to read that letter in 7days today - as you say perhaps a new ploy by landlords but if these tenants from Mirdif have to leave after having it clarified perhaps it is true?????? Although wonder have they been to rent committee or just taking l/l word for it?
Old Sep 30th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

If I was a cynical person (moi?) I might think it is part of a master plan to keep the rental yields for flats on the high side. But I'll leave that up to other posters.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I got the '16 areas' bit from some other board (I think) so it may well be wrong. For those that missed it, the letter that I mention is here (linky). I suppose this is just a problem that has affected many for a while now, I remember seeing stories (which I think Fairydust refers to) of bachelors being evicted from villas that they occupied en masse. Much as i hate the 'trial by passport/salary' justice that does happen here, the case in the letter does seem to be a cynical application of a rule that was designed with reasonable (ish) intentions - and if the situation is as the letter writer suggests, then this case runs contrary to the spirit of that rule.
The thing is though, if they come down hard on this in the same way that they are trying to close other landlord's loopholes, then they have to accept villas in Jumeriah with 15 men sharing three rooms. DM must be thinking of a good way to fudge this and keep it a grey area.
Anyways, back to my original question...anyone know of a list of designated 'family only' areas in Dubai?

Haddock
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:23 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
If I was a cynical person (moi?) I might think it is part of a master plan to keep the rental yields for flats on the high side. But I'll leave that up to other posters.
Hmm sounds about right
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:34 am
Just Joined

DubaiMacMan is an unknown quantity at this point

What constitutes a family? Can my wife and I (no children) rent a room in a shared villa still?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:45 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DubaiMacMan
What constitutes a family? Can my wife and I (no children) rent a room in a shared villa still?
As far as I know, yes.