Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Family holiday in Tenerife - flights??

Family holiday in Tenerife - flights??

Old Aug 26th 2009, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice
Default Family holiday in Tenerife - flights??

We are planning on meeting up with the rest of my family for a holiday and they all fancy Tenerife... It will be in Feb and so weather there seems OK.

Flights however are not.

Anyone know what is the best route to get there by air? Better choices from Abu Dhabi?

I can only find Dubai - London - Madrid - Tenerife or other similar options with 2+ stops... Surely there is a better way??

I could probably fly direct to Glasgow, and then from there to Tenerife, but that just seems mental to create a 17+ hour journey...

Any info appreciated.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Danajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really nice
Default Re: Family holiday in Tenerife - flights??

Robbies,

Unless you've got the money to charter your own private jet (I've attached the website just incase you work for Merrill Lynch or Goldman Sachs and are about to receive a bumper bonus package this year www.privatejetcharter.com) I think you're going to be looking at 2 stop overs from the Middle East to Tenerife - with long travel times - plus it's going to cost you. Only one I can think of that would be okay is Abu Dhabi - Doha - Madrid, then book flights from Madrid - Tenerife (you can get Ryanair or Air Europa from Madrid to Tenerife - so it will keep costs down).

Personally I'd fly back to the UK - and get a cheap flight over from there from the likes of Jet2, Easy Jet, Ryanair etc.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Danajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really nice

Perhaps we've stumbled on a great buisiness idea here - set up our own airline that flies direct from the Middle East to the 'Costas', Canary /Balearic Islands for the Brits and Germans living over here hankering after the good old holidays of sun, sand and sangria!

Of course the only drawback would be having to turn up at the airport 5 hours before just to put a towel on your seat to reserve it.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Yes, that seems to be the way - we thought Tenerife would be good as a half way point between us, but seems to be the total opposite!

Just found Dubai - Doha - Dubai - Paris - Madrid - Tenerife... fantastic. Not.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

What about Egypt instead - easy to get to from UK and the Gulf - and guaranteed more sun in Feb than Tenerife for the UK contingent - not that it would really bother you coming from almost 365 days of sun in this region.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Been to Sharm El Shaikh a couple of times and loved it, although there have been a few indicents in recent years in the resort towns that puts me off...
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

I've never been myself, thought I'd go start of next year myself - what puts you of it a bit. I've heard it's been taken over by the nouveau riche of this world (the Russians) that have had run ins with locals and other nationalities on holiday there.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

No, more so along the lines of terrorism... Ok, nothing major has happened recently, but around 2004-05 there were a few incidents.

After being to Sharm twice, some one suggested Taba to us. We went to the travel agent in UK in 2004 for a last minute deal, and got 2 weeks in the Hilton Taba on hold for us to decide by the next day. While discussing the options that evening, I looked up to see a live report on Sky News about the Hilton Taba, which had just been blown up... We never booked that one! There was also a nightclub bombing in Sharm in 2005

Maybe its just that having been there, I am thinking too much into this...
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Ah yes - understand now - I suppose it's personal preference regarding safety. My friends thought I was crazy to come work in Riyadh - but I said to them the chances of me being killed on the streets of the UK were much higher than being an unfortunate victim caught up in the middle of some terrorist act in this part of the world.

Please lord - don't make that comment come back and bite me in the behind!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about

You could always think about Luxor if your interested in seeing stuff.
I had a great holiday there with a week on the Nile and then a week in Luxor.
Very interesting if you like a bit of history.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Not sure it's relevant any more, but 23 years ago I needed to go to Majorca and did it easy with one stop via Frankfurt. Maybe worth investigating with Lufthansa???
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

How about the Turkish Riviera?
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:01 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbies
We are planning on meeting up with the rest of my family for a holiday and they all fancy Tenerife... It will be in Feb and so weather there seems OK.

Flights however are not.

Anyone know what is the best route to get there by air? Better choices from Abu Dhabi?

I can only find Dubai - London - Madrid - Tenerife or other similar options with 2+ stops... Surely there is a better way??

I could probably fly direct to Glasgow, and then from there to Tenerife, but that just seems mental to create a 17+ hour journey...

Any info appreciated.

You will be able to get direct to Barcelona from Abu Dhabi with Etihad from @ 8th Feb.....tri weekly service coming in about 3kAED inclu taxes.

Barcelona will have plenty connections inclu no frills crop sprayers to TFS.
Other than that I'd suggest DXB to Amsterdam (Schipol) then onward with Transavia.Check Royal Dutch Airlines & Air France. Also check the Frankfurt route- Lufthansa, as suggested.
Have you been to Tenerife before? cha..chav..chavsville
Well,don't mind me thinking out loud and good luck with the flights.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Surely the best way might be to fly to Casablanca and then fly from there to Tenerife.

I know Etihad do direct flights to Casablanca, and there are definitely flights from Casablanca to tenerife (normally about £300) but you should be able to get a good deal I would have thought as a multi package.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 1:01 am
Just Joined

harrypic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eva
You will be able to get direct to Barcelona from Abu Dhabi with Etihad from @ 8th Feb.....tri weekly service coming in about 3kAED inclu taxes.

Barcelona will have plenty connections inclu no frills crop sprayers to TFS.
Other than that I'd suggest DXB to Amsterdam (Schipol) then onward with Transavia.Check Royal Dutch Airlines & Air France. Also check the Frankfurt route- Lufthansa, as suggested.
Have you been to Tenerife before? cha..chav..chavsville
Well,don't mind me thinking out loud and good luck with the flights.
Chavs City not Chavs Ville

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.