Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Family accommodation

Family accommodation

Old Feb 16th 2020, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

VLC126 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family accommodation

They are offering the first month free then we need to sort something out. There's a small allowance but they haven't confirmed what that is yet but they definitely aren't offering accn included for the family. Husband will have on site accommodation when he's at work though.

Originally Posted by scot47
Why is your employer in Riyadh not dealing with the accommodation issue ? Real Estate in Saudi towns and cities are in shark-infested waters. Much better to leave all this to someone with local knowledge and linguistic abilities.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
Al Nakhla will offer you a 3 bed villa for somewhere in the region of 250k and maybe a bit more or less (depending on your negotiation skills) although initial asking prices are a bit higher. The 1/2/(3?) bed condos (flats) are much cheaper, in the mid 100k range (not sure of exact prices). Watch out for build quality / random smells from drainage issues in this compound - be sure to inspect your actual place carefully before agreeing to move in if possible. Wadi Qurtoba Compound is a very new compound but know nothing about it - also have a look on google maps - if you search "compound" while looking at a map of riyadh many pop up.

Also have a read of this - much remains true although prices were higher then: Compound Options in Riyadh and Prices!
Thanks. Much appreciated.
Old Feb 16th 2020, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

School fees ?
VERY expensive !
Old Feb 16th 2020, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
School fees ?
VERY expensive !
Yes we've been Googling that. The company does offer the majority of the fees for 3 of our 4 children so we would still have to pay quite a bit.

Old Feb 19th 2020, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
. Wadi Qurtoba Compound is a very new compound but know nothing about it - also have a look on google maps - if you search "compound" while looking at a map of riyadh many pop up.

Also have a read of this - much remains true although prices were higher then: Compound Options in Riyadh and Prices!
Wadi Qurtoba is very nice indeed, finished to a high standard. We looked at a 2 bed apartment, the slightly larger ones were coming in at 150k pa. Next up in size are townhouses, and then villas. I'm guessing - not 100% sure - but these will be at the 300k mark. It is a nice place, not sure of its occupancy rate at the moment. Has an American School adjoining, and is also having a shopping complex built next door. Right on the edge of northern Riyadh ( Thumamah Road ) so very close to the airport, and not too far away from the busy 'Exit 8' area which as schools, shopping malls etc. Large compound, I think around 600 units.
Old Feb 19th 2020, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the information. Much appreciated.
v

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Wadi Qurtoba is very nice indeed, finished to a high standard. We looked at a 2 bed apartment, the slightly larger ones were coming in at 150k pa. Next up in size are townhouses, and then villas. I'm guessing - not 100% sure - but these will be at the 300k mark. It is a nice place, not sure of its occupancy rate at the moment. Has an American School adjoining, and is also having a shopping complex built next door. Right on the edge of northern Riyadh ( Thumamah Road ) so very close to the airport, and not too far away from the busy 'Exit 8' area which as schools, shopping malls etc. Large compound, I think around 600 units.
Old Feb 20th 2020, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Can I ask how you got in touch with them? I tried the website but it wasn't working - this was a year ago. Thanks!

Another option of course is Kingdom Compound - good social life there apparently and slightly less expensive. Large villas with private gardens and good facilities.
Old Feb 20th 2020, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

We had friends living on there ( Wadi Qurtoba) and they passed a number onto me. I still have it somewhere, not sure if the guy is still working there or not. Let me know if you want it, and I'll PM it to you.

Kingdom is also quite good, one of the older ones now, but quite busy and social. Good size 2 bed apartment was 140k SR, and were also offering a duplex 2 bed for the same price. Price wise, very close to Wadi - which of course is a lot newer which some folk may find more appealing.