Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Extended visa about to expire (abu dhabi)

Extended visa about to expire (abu dhabi)

Old Sep 7th 2011, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

pompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nice
Default Extended visa about to expire (abu dhabi)

Hi

I paid for my initial visa on arrival to be extended, it's about to expire but I want to remain in Abu Dhabi.

I heard there is a rule that if you paid for an extension you have to leave the country for 30 days before returning to the UAE.

Does this apply to British national? Or can I go Muscat and fly back a few hours later for a new visa on arrival?

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extended visa about to expire (abu dhabi)

if you have already paid to extend at the airport/immigration then you will need to do a visa run to oman.....
Old Sep 7th 2011, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

pompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nicepompey87 is just really nice

Originally Posted by busybee2
if you have already paid to extend at the airport/immigration then you will need to do a visa run to oman.....
Thanks for your reply.

I paid to extend at the immigration, have now been in abu dhabi for 7 weeks.

I can come back from Oman a few hours after exiting?
Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by pompey87
Thanks for your reply.

You can come back from Oman 5 minutes after exiting!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Thanks for your reply.

You don't need to fly either, you can drive, or get someone to drive you, any border that non GCC citizens are allowed to pass through, such as Mezyad in Al Ain or Hatta. Good luck
Old Sep 8th 2011, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Kish Island's nice this time of year!!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone! My main concern was the 30 day rule which I can't seem to find much information on, does anyone know an email address or contact number I can find out about this?

Thanks again.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone! My main concern was the 30 day rule which I can't seem to find much information on, does anyone know an email address or contact number I can find out about this?

Thanks again.
Last year I spent about 10 weeks leaving AD and returning once or twice a week, always on a standard tourist visa. Nobody batted an eyelid and the 30-day rule was never mentioned.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

The 30 day rule does not apply to nationalities who qualify for a visa on arrival. As you are british you qualify for a visa on arrival. Now get yourself to a Uae/Oman border post and join the ranks of the many hundreds or thousands doing this every month.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Ilford_or_Dubai is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
The 30 day rule does not apply to nationalities who qualify for a visa on arrival. As you are british you qualify for a visa on arrival. Now get yourself to a Uae/Oman border post and join the ranks of the many hundreds or thousands doing this every month.
Hi; I plan to come there looking for work in the near future... I think i will also have to do this at some point to stay longer in the country if the job hunt doesnt go to plan...

can someone do this and remain in the country for up to 6 months? Just trying to understand if after X number of months you definitely HAVE to leave the UAE...

Thanks in advance...
Old Sep 8th 2011, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ilford_or_Dubai
Hi; I plan to come there looking for work in the near future... I think i will also have to do this at some point to stay longer in the country if the job hunt doesnt go to plan...

can someone do this and remain in the country for up to 6 months? Just trying to understand if after X number of months you definitely HAVE to leave the UAE...

Thanks in advance...
I know people who have repeated this process for over a year. Sometimes you hear a rumour that they are going to limit it, but all have come to nothing so far.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Ilford_or_Dubai is an unknown quantity at this point

I know people who have repeated this process for over a year. Sometimes you hear a rumour that they are going to limit it, but all have come to nothing so far.
thanks!!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by csdf
Last year I spent about 10 weeks leaving AD and returning once or twice a week, always on a standard tourist visa. Nobody batted an eyelid and the 30-day rule was never mentioned.
The 30 day rule is only imposed after you pay or an extension.

For the people that are doing it every month, why don't they pay for the extension? It would mean only having to make the visa run every 2 months and only cost 500AED, this is why I am concerned about the rule being as I paid to extend my initial visa on arrival.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

The 30 day rule is only imposed after you pay or an extension.

For the people that are doing it every month, why don't they pay for the extension? It would mean only having to make the visa run every 2 months and only cost 500AED, this is why I am concerned about the rule being as I paid to extend my initial visa on arrival.
I think you can only pay for the extension once. The oman visa will cost 200aed, and 100aed will pay for the petrol to al ain and back since you are in AD. Alternatively ask around and you could perhaps travel with someone else to share transport costs?
Old Sep 8th 2011, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

I think you can only pay for the extension once. The oman visa will cost 200aed, and 100aed will pay for the petrol to al ain and back since you are in AD. Alternatively ask around and you could perhaps travel with someone else to share transport costs?
You can extend your visa on arrival for 500 AED stay for 2 months, then go to Oman, return and pay to extend your visa again, doing this seems much easier than exiting every month. Everytime you get a new visa on arrival you can pay to extend it.

If I fly to Oman I don't need to pay for an Oman visa, as far as I am aware, land go through transit and wait for the return flight to Abu Dhabi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.