Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Exporting a car from UAE to Qatar

Exporting a car from UAE to Qatar

Old Apr 17th 2012, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough
Default Exporting a car from UAE to Qatar

Dear all, will be moving to Qatar from Dubai this year. Looking on Dubizzle and Qatarliving, there doesn't seem to be much variety and options as there are here in the used car market.

Is it worth exporting a car from here to Qatar? Would it be worth the hassle if that was the case ir just hope to find something in Qatar?

Thanks in advance...
Old Apr 17th 2012, 8:47 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exporting a car from UAE to Qatar

Nobody uses them to buy/sell cars. try Qatarsale and carsemsar, they have far more choice. There is a 5% import tax though I am not sure how much it would cost to re-register here. It costs QR400 to transfer an owner on registration card. And it will need an Istamara doing. (like an MOT) And all the forms are in Arabic...........Just to make it easier for you.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that. Seems like Qatari cars are more expensive than very similar models here in the UAE. Is that generally true?
Old Apr 17th 2012, 9:11 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. I import cars from Dubai........It is expensive to do one alone though, I generally fill a transporter up.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mathematist
Dear all, will be moving to Qatar from Dubai this year. Looking on Dubizzle and Qatarliving, there doesn't seem to be much variety and options as there are here in the used car market.

Is it worth exporting a car from here to Qatar? Would it be worth the hassle if that was the case ir just hope to find something in Qatar?

Thanks in advance...
It cant be that much hassle, a mate of mine moved from Bahrain to Qatar this year and took both their cars with them. I believe it was 4 hours of being *****ed around and then plates bolted on.
There is a never ending selection of Landcruisers second hand, you can have white, black or sand coloured and all probably shagged out.
On a serious note and the Doha guys can help with this; I came down a main road from the shopping centre with the big trolley near where I was staying to the airport and ended up going through the mother of all road works, anyone know the road ? Well on it were stacks of used car dealers and they seemed to have a very varied selection inc Jap and American. Didnt look at prices as was hanging on for dear life
Old Apr 17th 2012, 11:26 am
Shark Fisherman

That's salwa road.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 11:26 am
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

This is the place to buy cars in Qatar

http://www.qatarsale.com/

Here is a very useful discussion on importing cars from UAE to Qatar.

http://www.qatarliving.com/discussio...cars-30apr2006
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:29 pm
Shark Fisherman

That thread is from 6 years ago......

You could google 'used cars doha' and look at some dealers sites too.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 2:28 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Most people are using this site: http://www.qatarliving.com/classifieds/cars and there is are search option to narrow things down a bit. Thing is though, most people here think they can sell a 3-year old car with 100k on the clock for the same price that they bought it new.

Me, I'll continue to rent for now - each time the car takes a knock, which happens about once a month, I just toss the keys back to the hire company and get another one. It's like being at the Dodgems, except you come off worse when a Landcruiser hits you.

[J]
Old Apr 18th 2012, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

I think it may work out the same if you consider the import/export costs.

I think I'll stick to buying one locally when I am out there in October...

Thanks for all the info though...
Old Apr 18th 2012, 7:25 am
Aan
Banned

Aan is an unknown quantity at this point

Go through Qatarsale and carsemsar for more details.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 7:40 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Aan
Go through Qatarsale and carsemsar for more details.
I think that was my 1st answer, though its not on the thread anymore?? They are the best and the ones I use, qatarliving is an absolute waste of time
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 4:35 am
Just Joined

RamziBen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Yup. I import cars from Dubai........It is expensive to do one alone though, I generally fill a transporter up.
Hey, I'm planning to import my car to Dubai from Doha...Most shipping companies are quoting 2500 AED, that's kind of out my budget... DO you know any other cheaper ones or alternative solution other than a proper shipping company...
Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 6:35 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by RamziBen
Hey, I'm planning to import my car to Dubai from Doha...Most shipping companies are quoting 2500 AED, that's kind of out my budget... DO you know any other cheaper ones or alternative solution other than a proper shipping company...
Thanks
That's cheap buddy. You could drive it yourself to save costs?
Old Jan 8th 2013, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

dohadesertdog is an unknown quantity at this point

what about going the other way? Im hoping to drive my X-Terra from Doha to AD when I relocate in couple of months. Ive driven Doha to Dubai and back so the visa's/paasport control issues are fine with me but i have no idea how to go about permanently transferring a Qatar bought vehicle to UAE regsitered once there???

Any help or contacts for agents much appreciated.

Cheers