Explorer Guides

Old Nov 10th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Explorer Guides

Are they any good in terms of updated information, usefulness ?

Im trying to find a bookstore in London that stocks one for Kuwait
Old Nov 11th 2008, 3:25 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Explorer Guides

don't know about the Kuwait one, but the Dubai one gets updated pretty well.
I know that when I first came out the Explorer was my 'bible' and for the for the first year I used it all the time...
I'd say the Explorer together with updated info on the internet gives you a pretty good starting point for finding stuff out...
Old Nov 11th 2008, 6:14 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

They are not really much good for Kuwait because it is a rather small place. Better to hire a taxi on a Friday and check out:

Friday Market
The Avenues
City Centre Salmiya / Sultan Centre Salmiya
Marina and Marina Mall
Scientific Centre
Sultan Centre and Fish Market at Sharq and Sharq Mall
Hilton Resort Fintas
Gold and Fabric Suq
Area around Al Bidah Roundabout - restaurants.
Wafra if you fancy a long trip to the countryside.
Base your taxi rate on about 4 or 5 KD per hour - that is generous.

Later on take in some of the cultural stuff which is good.

God Luck!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Are they any good in terms of updated information, usefulness ?

Im trying to find a bookstore in London that stocks one for Kuwait
I don't know about Kuwait, but the one for Abu Dhabi is rubbish. This year's one contains details on restaurants that closed down years ago and gives out-of-date and misleading information in practically every section. Still, I guess it's better than nothing...
Old Nov 11th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

have a look at virtualtourist plenty of great information on there
Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply

I hope you are well Bijilo123 - guess its better to wear out shoe leather than use a book