British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Expected salary for Big 4 consulting role in KSA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/expected-salary-big-4-consulting-role-ksa-944915/)

Adn4n Jul 28th 2022 12:25 pm

Expected salary for Big 4 consulting role in KSA

Hi all,

My first post so please be gentle!

I'm currently negotiating with one of the "Big 4" for a manager position in consulting for a position based in Riyadh, KSA. I have about 7 years of experience and wanted to know what sort of salary package I should expect and what is the minimum I should accept. I think they're struggling to find consultants willing to relocate to Riyadh so I'm hoping that should work in my favour. I've read on this forum that anywhere from 1.5-2x my current UK salary would be good but I would appreciate any advice from anybody working in consulting in KSA/UAE/GCC in general.

Thanks in advance!

Laguna_1 Jul 29th 2022 9:10 pm

Re: Expected salary for Big 4 consulting role in KSA

Are you talkinh 1.5 - 2x your current gross salary or net salary. I think 1.5x gross would be max

Adn4n Jul 29th 2022 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Laguna_1 (Post 13131781)
Are you talkinh 1.5 - 2x your current gross salary or net salary. I think 1.5x gross would be max

Thanks for replying Laguna! The salary range is SAR35k-40k all in which is about 1.5x my current gross salary. Do you feel that on that kind of salary I’d be able to live a decent non flashy life in Riyadh and bank 15k-20k a month? I just wanted an idea of what other consultants at manager level are currently getting paid. To give you some context I’m married with a baby on the way.

Laguna_1 Jul 30th 2022 2:50 pm

i would say manager level in uk (if that’s where u from) is a tough life financially. Especially if your other half isn’t earning and your the sole earner. It doesn’t get much better as you mode up to SM or even Director as the real reward in that life are when u hit partner.

i am not sure how much better it’ll be here but if u compare take home salary you’ll like double your salary and I think you could save a lot more than u save now. I wouldn’t put a number on it but I would say check out the housing compounds and costs. Think there’s a cost of living calculator.

i don’t think you’ll look back once here. Plus the uk is in bad sHape
at the moment. Doesn’t seem a good year for increases. Promotions or bonuses. Ksa is in growth phase

Originally Posted by Adn4n (Post 13131785)
Thanks for replying Laguna! The salary range is SAR35k-40k all in which is about 1.5x my current gross salary. Do you feel that on that kind of salary I’d be able to live a decent non flashy life in Riyadh and bank 15k-20k a month? I just wanted an idea of what other consultants at manager level are currently getting paid. To give you some context I’m married with a baby on the way.

Adn4n Aug 2nd 2022 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Laguna_1 (Post 13131880)
i would say manager level in uk (if that’s where u from) is a tough life financially. Especially if your other half isn’t earning and your the sole earner. It doesn’t get much better as you mode up to SM or even Director as the real reward in that life are when u hit partner.

i am not sure how much better it’ll be here but if u compare take home salary you’ll like double your salary and I think you could save a lot more than u save now. I wouldn’t put a number on it but I would say check out the housing compounds and costs. Think there’s a cost of living calculator.

i don’t think you’ll look back once here. Plus the uk is in bad sHape
at the moment. Doesn’t seem a good year for increases. Promotions or bonuses. Ksa is in growth phase

Thanks again for replying, Laguna.
Yes, I'm a Londoner (born and bred) but I have connections across the GCC and particularly in Saudi so the move is quite exciting for me. We're not particularly bothered about living in a compound so I reckon that will help us massively in terms of cutting housing costs. Is there anything you'd suggest I insist on in my contract/benefits?

Traveler20 Aug 3rd 2022 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Adn4n (Post 13131521)
Hi all,

My first post so please be gentle!

I'm currently negotiating with one of the "Big 4" for a manager position in consulting for a position based in Riyadh, KSA. I have about 7 years of experience and wanted to know what sort of salary package I should expect and what is the minimum I should accept. I think they're struggling to find consultants willing to relocate to Riyadh so I'm hoping that should work in my favour. I've read on this forum that anywhere from 1.5-2x my current UK salary would be good but I would appreciate any advice from anybody working in consulting in KSA/UAE/GCC in general.

Thanks in advance!

I’ve never worked in the middle east, but I frequently travel to the region and have many friends and relatives working in various sectors. My advise is not to make such a move so early in your career. You will lose a lot in your professional development, and your experience in the region could easily be worth nothing for future employers in the UK when it’s time to move back. If the move is to be close to family or relatives, then that’s a whole different story. If it’s career related, don’t do it - at least not now. If it’s financial, think carefully and make sure the math makes sense. Always plan for the worst case scenario.