Expat packages

Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:28 am
Amc
Funky Muppet

Amc has a spectacular aura aboutAmc has a spectacular aura aboutAmc has a spectacular aura about
Default Expat packages

Any advice welcome.

I am in the process of relocating to DxB in August and looking for some hints on reasonable expat package inclusions. Got the usuals at mo, house, health, car, school, flights home, utilities etc. What have i missed.

Oh...
Anyone know a good site for online car leasing quotes - dialled up for hours, spent a fortune with BT and still nowhere!!??

Thnx
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:42 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Expat packages

Originally Posted by Amc
Any advice welcome.

I am in the process of relocating to DxB in August and looking for some hints on reasonable expat package inclusions. Got the usuals at mo, house, health, car, school, flights home, utilities etc. What have i missed.

Oh...
Anyone know a good site for online car leasing quotes - dialled up for hours, spent a fortune with BT and still nowhere!!??

Thnx
Hello Amc,

Welcome to the forum.

Try holiday autos...... They are pretty good.

give them a quick call and have them e-mail details to ya.

Call: +9714 397 6334

and u seem to have pretty much covered everything there.

Enjoy the site and feel free to drop me a PM or ask any more q's.

Do join us in the dhow for drinks sometime.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:46 am
Amc
Funky Muppet

Amc has a spectacular aura aboutAmc has a spectacular aura aboutAmc has a spectacular aura about

Thnx Face.

Just back in UK from latest trip in DXB can't wait to leave here now!!

How about some more info on the dhow.

l8rs

Originally Posted by Face81
Hello Amc,

Welcome to the forum.

Try holiday autos...... They are pretty good.

give them a quick call and have them e-mail details to ya.

Call: +9714 397 6334

and u seem to have pretty much covered everything there.

Enjoy the site and feel free to drop me a PM or ask any more q's.

Do join us in the dhow for drinks sometime.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:47 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amc
Thnx Face.

Just back in UK from latest trip in DXB can't wait to leave here now!!

How about some more info on the dhow.

l8rs
no probs amc.

Where in the UK are u?

The dhow is nothing but an e-pub. Tis a fantastic place.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:50 am
Amc
Funky Muppet

Thnx for the link to the dhow couldn't find it just now!!

In E Sussex. U?

no probs amc.

Where in the UK are u?

The dhow is nothing but an e-pub. Tis a fantastic place.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:57 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Amc
Thnx for the link to the dhow couldn't find it just now!!

In E Sussex. U?
here is the link to the dhow:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=1#post2263907

I am in the SE..... I am at Avery Hill. Bout 15 mins away from London Bridge on the SE trains.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:01 pm
The Internet Guru!

Mikey J is on a distinguished road

Hey AMC

A question for you... Have you received all these through the company you are working for or did you have to find everything once over there? I intend to relocate over there in the near future but need to brough up to speed on what to expect - Should I anticipate all this coming with a job???

Thanks
MJ

Originally Posted by Amc
Any advice welcome.

Oh...

Thnx
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:02 pm
Amc
Funky Muppet

c u in the dhow!

By the way have a few on me, being the new guy guess the next rounds mine Best get on got to get this package sorted so i can pack and get the out of the UK.....

here is the link to the dhow:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=1#post2263907

I am in the SE..... I am at Avery Hill. Bout 15 mins away from London Bridge on the SE trains.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:02 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Mikey J
Should I anticipate all this coming with a job???

Thanks
MJ

yes and if u arent offered it, demand it! lol

its normal.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:03 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Amc
c u in the dhow!

By the way have a few on me, being the new guy guess the next rounds mine Best get on got to get this package sorted so i can pack and get the out of the UK.....
hurry up and get into the leaky dhow bar and grill. Its a gr8 e-pub.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:12 pm
Amc
Funky Muppet

Slightly different one for me, I am setting up a new division of a UK co that already does work in ME but based in uk, so I am having to build the package for the company.

You should expect it as face says, especially if it is a uk company sending you out. Still go for it with the local firms although they may be not so generous.

Face I believe from the posts you are resident in DxB / ME so you may be able to confirm this??

One thing I have found is that info regarding costs is quite difficult to find on the web from UAE companies, you need to speak to people face to face or via tel. The forum is a v good place for info tho' has proven to be v helpful several times already

Hey AMC

A question for you... Have you received all these through the company you are working for or did you have to find everything once over there? I intend to relocate over there in the near future but need to brough up to speed on what to expect - Should I anticipate all this coming with a job???

Thanks
MJ
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:12 pm
The Internet Guru!

Cool Re: Expat packages

OK - So I can assume when approaching agencies / companies that I should be getting accomodation, health etc...???

Just want to check this one as it makes a huggggeeeee difference!!!

Might hop over to the dhow now then!

yes and if u arent offered it, demand it! lol

its normal.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:14 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Amc
Slightly different one for me, I am setting up a new division of a UK co that already does work in ME but based in uk, so I am having to build the package for the company.

You should expect it as face says, especially if it is a uk company sending you out. Still go for it with the local firms although they may be not so generous.

Face I believe from the posts you are resident in DxB / ME so you may be able to confirm this??

One thing I have found is that info regarding costs is quite difficult to find on the web from UAE companies, you need to speak to people face to face or via tel. The forum is a v good place for info tho' has proven to be v helpful several times already
yep....... I am a resident of Dubai...... have lived there for yonks, but am currently in London.... only for another 12 days though.

As for your info..... that is correct, u can go for it with ANY company.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:14 pm
The Internet Guru!

If I wanted to go with a UK based company would I still be contacting agencies in UAE or is there a way of finding these out in the UK??? (even though I am in Sydney)... Dependant on my initial interpretation of Dubai, I may look at setting up shop over there as well! All depends but we'll see

Originally Posted by Amc

Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:15 pm
The Oracle

OK - So I can assume when approaching agencies / companies that I should be getting accomodation, health etc...???

Just want to check this one as it makes a huggggeeeee difference!!!

Might hop over to the dhow now then!
yep...... u should expect those things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.