Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Expat package comparable to £120,000/yr

Expat package comparable to £120,000/yr

Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:28 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat package comparable to £120,000/yr

Originally Posted by welrifai
As of right now, I'm basing it on INSEAD, ESADE and Oxford's Sa3id (for those of you who haven't learned this yet in Dubai, '3' is the 'throaty' Arabic vowel :-) ). They are 10-14 month programs. The US programs would be slightly higher costs and last a full 2 years.

I had initially planned on starting in the coming September, but I think the Dubai offer is too good to miss - even if I waited 2 years to start, I'd still be about a year under the average student age.
I never went back and calculated how much I spent at INSEAD. I don't think I want to.

The US programs give the chance to earn during their summer break, but then there's the opportunity cost of the extra time studying.

Wait two years to enter and you'd be one of the older Brits at INSEAD (as indeed I was), despite still being slightly younger than the average for the population as a whole.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

welrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nice

Originally Posted by typical
I never went back and calculated how much I spent at INSEAD. I don't think I want to.

The US programs give the chance to earn during their summer break, but then there's the opportunity cost of the extra time studying.

Wait two years to enter and you'd be one of the older Brits at INSEAD (as indeed I was), despite still being slightly younger than the average for the population as a whole.
Actually, I'm not a Brit... I'm a Lebanese who spent ages 15-25 in the US (yes, I have the Yank accent, sorry!) and the last year in London! INSEAD is my first choice!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:39 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I'm not a Brit... I'm a Lebanese who spent ages 15-25 in the US (yes, I have the Yank accent, sorry!) and the last year in London! INSEAD is my first choice!
Fair enough. Good choice.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

sho ya3ni INSEAD?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:57 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

INSEAD are opening a "campus" in Abu Dhabi this year, whether its the usual UAE pants uni/scam I'm not sure? might be worth checking out though
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

welrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nicewelrifai is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cham128
sho ya3ni INSEAD?
Cham128, INSEAD is a business school, MBAs and PhDs. Inta min Cham, shu hal ism?

It's very possible they'd open a Abu Dhabi campus, likely it would not be for the MBAs, but rather that PhDs doing research... I'll check it out!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:28 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

The Centre for Executive Education and Research in AD has already opened. The clue to what it does is in the name

No MBA degree from there.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

sho ya3ni INSEAD?
wallah, i must be learning subliminally!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Cham128, INSEAD is a business school, MBAs and PhDs. Inta min Cham, shu hal ism?

It's very possible they'd open a Abu Dhabi campus, likely it would not be for the MBAs, but rather that PhDs doing research... I'll check it out!
ana inglizi bas, be7ki shway arabe... fosa wa lubnaani...

ismi? mish mittel sharm bi suriyya... lol cham pronounced Kaam.

ok i hadn't heard of INSEAD, i was looking at LSB as they've just opened a join london/dubai MBA course... only about 32k as well.

lol JVR i thought you were fluent already?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

ana inglizi bas, be7ki shway arabe... fosa wa lubnaani...

ismi? mish mittel sharm bi suriyya... lol cham pronounced Kaam.

ok i hadn't heard of INSEAD, i was looking at LSB as they've just opened a join london/dubai MBA course... only about 32k as well.

lol JVR i thought you were fluent already?
not at all - i was hoping before i got here that i'd pick it up, and i'm sure that if i had spent the last year in an actual Arabic speaking country, Jordan, Egypt etc, then I would be reasonably good by now... but I don't deal with any Arabs at work or in the evenings, so the only input i have is the voice-over woman on MBC/Dubai one

so my knowledge is restricted to things like, American Idol, at-talatah aal hadiyat-ashra' amasaa'n wa al-ashra' KSA, aala Dubai One, and suchlike
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jvr20
not at all - i was hoping before i got here that i'd pick it up, and i'm sure that if i had spent the last year in an actual Arabic speaking country, Jordan, Egypt etc, then I would be reasonably good by now... but I don't deal with any Arabs at work or in the evenings, so the only input i have is the voice-over woman on MBC/Dubai one

so my knowledge is restricted to things like, American Idol, at-talatah aal hadiyat-ashra' amasaa'n wa al-ashra' KSA, aala Dubai One, and suchlike
lol, i tell ya what when i get out there i'll have to drag you out one night to meet some of my leb friends... although all they ever taught me was how to swear at people
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
Jumeriah Beach Hotel's club costs 55k (maybe a bit more now) for a family, so for a single person would be a bit less, but I know the waiting list is long. Le Meridien Mina Seyahi's list is closed...Ritz Carlton Beach club is around 70k I think, it may be more, someone did tell me it was 90k but i'm not sure if this is correct...

MM, xx

what a rip off.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat.brat
what a rip off.
tell me about it...

MM, xx