British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Expat Mortgage Providers for UK property (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/expat-mortgage-providers-uk-property-920567/)

eastrunner Dec 31st 2018 7:13 am

Expat Mortgage Providers for UK property

This has already been discussed please can you recommend some lenders that lend to expats, there was a company based in Jersey or Guernsey a few people recommended, BTL mortgage renewal coming up, thanks

Happy New Year!!

ER

reading_1979 Jan 7th 2019 8:11 am

Re: Expat Mortgage Providers for UK property

Hi ER,

I have sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.

Regards

spouse of scouse Jan 7th 2019 8:43 am

Originally Posted by reading_1979 (Post 12617343)
Hi ER,

I have sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.

Regards

Why not reply on the forum, that way anyone looking for similar information can benefit from your post.

Queef Latinah Jan 10th 2019 7:34 am

Originally Posted by eastrunner (Post 12614434)
This has already been discussed please can you recommend some lenders that lend to expats, there was a company based in Jersey or Guernsey a few people recommended, BTL mortgage renewal coming up, thanks

Happy New Year!!

ER

HSBC expat, and Skipton International are ones that I have previously approached (but not used)

eastrunner Jan 13th 2019 5:39 am

Thanks Queef Latinah and everyone who responded

ER

ariskar Sep 19th 2019 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Queef Latinah (Post 12619194)
HSBC expat, and Skipton International are ones that I have previously approached (but not used)

Thank you!

Queef Latinah Sep 20th 2019 6:46 am

Originally Posted by eastrunner (Post 12620679)
Thanks Queef Latinah and everyone who responded

ER

Update- I have just purchased a property in UK and the way I did it was to form my own company in the UK and got a mortgage from state bank of India who have offices in the UAE and Wolverhampton. This was cheaper than the other providers I mentioned but their application process was a bit of a joke, repetitively asking for documents and taking ages to reply..

But for me, there are the obvious tax advantages such as being able to offset repayments against tax liabilities and creating a vehicle for buying a few more properties in the future... Also, the Tories are business friendly and generally our politicians will punish the individual retail investors. But they won't come after companies as strongly...

To do this all you need is a UK registered company and a commercial bank account. To open the commercial bank account you need to be a UK resident, so I opened it in a family members name and transferred it to my name later. Just admin.

Amazing bargains to be had in the UK if you play your cards right. Be greedy when others are fearful, Brexit is an opportunity :) and as a country we will prevail as a stronger nation with sovereignty that the rest of Europe can only dream of.

ariskar Sep 26th 2019 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Queef Latinah (Post 12737599)

Update- I have just purchased a property in UK and the way I did it was to form my own company in the UK and got a mortgage from state bank of India who have offices in the UAE and Wolverhampton. This was cheaper than the other providers I mentioned but their application process was a bit of a joke, repetitively asking for documents and taking ages to reply..

But for me, there are the obvious tax advantages such as being able to offset repayments against tax liabilities and creating a vehicle for buying a few more properties in the future... Also, the Tories are business friendly and generally our politicians will punish the individual retail investors. But they won't come after companies as strongly...

To do this all you need is a UK registered company and a commercial bank account. To open the commercial bank account you need to be a UK resident, so I opened it in a family members name and transferred it to my name later. Just admin.

Amazing bargains to be had in the UK if you play your cards right. Be greedy when others are fearful, Brexit is an opportunity :) and as a country we will prevail as a stronger nation with sovereignty that the rest of Europe can only dream of.

Congratulations, I am also thinking similarly. It is a great time to invest or enter the UK property market.

HeyJoe Sep 29th 2019 3:47 pm

I've never seen a bubble that lasted for ever. Nor have I seen one lasting for 30 years. Have you?

eastrunner Sep 30th 2019 8:39 am

hi there Queef Latinah what kind of rates are you looking at? thanks

ER

Queef Latinah Oct 8th 2019 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by eastrunner (Post 12742107)
hi there Queef Latinah what kind of rates are you looking at? thanks

ER

75% mortgage 2 years fixed @ 3.2% and then something like BBR + 2.65%. It's a buy-to-let mortgage offered to LTD companies