Expat Mortgage

Old Nov 30th 2019, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

reading_1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expat Mortgage

Hi All,

I have been looking for a lender that would lend for buying a Buy to let property in the UK and offer a lower rate. My Mortgage Adviser suggested that the lowest rates that can be sourced are with the Saffron Building Society.It appears that major high street lenders would not lend on a Buy to Let basis to an ex-pat. Has anyone used this Building Society for mortgage.

Any feedback about this Building Society as a ‘Lender’ or for regular banking will be much appreciated.

Thank You in advance for your help.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

reading_1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expat Mortgage

If anyone has any feedback about Saffron Building Society, please share with me. It will benefit me to make a decision with the BTL mortgage options currently available with the lender.

Thank you.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Mortgage

Originally Posted by reading_1979
If anyone has any feedback about Saffron Building Society, please share with me. It will benefit me to make a decision with the BTL mortgage options currently available with the lender.

Thank you.
Other than the money and a low interest rate, what else do you care about from a house-lender? Even if they go bust nothing would change for you.