Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Expat leaving Dubai - Selling stuff

Expat leaving Dubai - Selling stuff

Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Kassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to all
Default Expat leaving Dubai - Selling stuff

Hi,

Friends of mine are leaving Dubai this weekend (i.e. Friday)) and want to sell their furniture - all just 6 months old. It is being sold dirt cheap - stuff was bought at Home Centre/Marina.

Italian navy leather sofas - double seater - Aed 800 each (cost price was Aed 4000!)

Dining table and 6 chairs Aed 500 (cost price 1,800)

2 Rattan single seater sofa chairs & Rattan tables - Set for aed 350 (cost price (1,400 )

Jute Puffs - Aed 85 each (cost price 340)

Solid Wood Centre tables - Aed 125 each (cost price 450)

If you're interested and want to see pics - please do send me an email
[email protected]

Cheers
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:15 pm
W10

Default Re: Expat leaving Dubai - Selling stuff

Originally Posted by Kassy

I'd have thought this kind of thing was illegal in Dubai

Sent you an email though!!

Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Kassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by W10
I'd have thought this kind of thing was illegal in Dubai

Sent you an email though!!
:scared: What's illegal? You mean selling stuff this cheap
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

:scared: What's illegal? You mean selling stuff this cheap

sent email also in case you wonder who that is....
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:27 pm
W10

Last time I posted a message on a board saying "if you want to see pictures, send me an email" I got visited by burly men with dish-dashes and dark glasses.

Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by W10
Last time I posted a message on a board saying "if you want to see pictures, send me an email" I got visited by burly men with dish-dashes and dark glasses.
Do tell us more...
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:32 pm
W10

Let's just say the following:

1, It hurt
2, I'm Dh500 richer

Back on topic...what is a jute puff?

Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by W10

1, It hurt
2, I'm Dh500 richer

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by W10

1, It hurt
2, I'm Dh500 richer

Its something you sit on after getting 500dhs richer...
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:38 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Singlemom
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knew what??

I got kidnapped and beaten up, but I managed to steal some money before escaping.

The guys were from the ministry of comedy - said I'd committed some heinous crimes apparently.

Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by W10

Isn't that legal too
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by W10

1, It hurt
2, I'm Dh500 richer

Will send you pictures. Best be described as a small round stool made completely of jute. I hadn't heard of it before either!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:47 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Friends of mine are leaving Dubai this weekend (i.e. Friday)) and want to sell their furniture - all just 6 months old. It is being sold dirt cheap - stuff was bought at Home Centre/Marina.

Italian navy leather sofas - double seater - Aed 800 each (cost price was Aed 4000!)

Dining table and 6 chairs Aed 500 (cost price 1,800)

2 Rattan single seater sofa chairs & Rattan tables - Set for aed 350 (cost price (1,400 )

Jute Puffs - Aed 85 each (cost price 340)

Solid Wood Centre tables - Aed 125 each (cost price 450)

[email protected]

Cheers

do you have computer for sell?
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:49 pm
W10

Isn't that legal too
Dunno...send me an email and I'll find out.

I'll make sure I get more than Dh500 this time though

Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:51 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10

what is a jute puff?

heim heim.. Jute is a Material (cotton-if you like to call it) used for sound absorbing in the cinema! if you see the curtains there they are made of Jute.

Jute is the main production and exporting item from bangladesh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.