Exchange rates

Old May 18th 2005, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default Exchange rates

Anyone noticed that the pound sterling appears to be slipping against the UAE Dirham? It's down today to 6.75ish from highs of previously 7.10.

More importantly does anyone actually care?
Old May 18th 2005, 6:19 am
W10

Default Re: Exchange rates

I'd prefer it stayed at either 7 or 6.

Makes it easier to tell people back home how much things cost.

Old May 18th 2005, 7:23 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

7 is best for me.....paid in GBP....
Old May 18th 2005, 9:21 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Majj
Anyone noticed that the pound sterling appears to be slipping against the UAE Dirham? It's down today to 6.75ish from highs of previously 7.10.

yes i care !!! When we arrived in Doha it is 5 riyal to the pound, hubby wages in local currency, so like having 20 percents pay cut
Old May 18th 2005, 10:25 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Majj
Yeah I care... Makes a quite a difference when you sent back a substantial amount. The difference from when I came out to 7.1 can be 300-400 quid a month, so I really care.... Long may it go down...
Old May 18th 2005, 10:36 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Yeah I care... Makes a quite a difference when you sent back a substantial amount. The difference from when I came out to 7.1 can be 300-400 quid a month, so I really care.... Long may it go down...

Excellent sig WLH....and how true.....
Old May 18th 2005, 11:35 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Excellent sig WLH....and how true.....
Cheers - Plagarised but from whom I can't remember....
And for me it's a belief I hold very close....
Old May 18th 2005, 12:02 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

As I wrote yesterday? Actually a quote from a customer of mine :

And when Bush visited Europe and thought :

"Okay... Let me try to make a smart remark for once?"

Gentlemen of Europe? The US Dollar? Our currency, your problem....

And then? A German banker stood up.

"Mister Bush? With all do respect, and I'll keep my sentences short for you. And as we've been told you don't like to read? I won't put it in writing either.

With an exchange rate of 1 Euro = US$ 1.28? And that American attempt to clone Albert Einstein in the form of Alan Greenspan?

I hear the White House is for sale? May we make an offer on it? I hear it comes with an awesome garden called the USA..."

Hehehehe...

Last edited by Frans Wind; May 18th 2005 at 12:06 pm.
Old May 18th 2005, 12:10 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh...was just waiting for somebody to come along and blame all their problems on the US.

The US devalued their currency to decrease our trade deficit, basically, to help ourselves. If the world is that dependent on the US currency for their own uses, then it pretty much shoots down the theory that the US shouldn't meddle in foreign affairs.
Old May 18th 2005, 12:16 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TA5
Ahhh...was just waiting for somebody to come along and blame all their problems on the US.

The US devalued their currency to decrease our trade deficit, basically, to help ourselves. If the world is that dependent on the US currency for their own uses, then it pretty much shoots down the theory that the US shouldn't meddle in foreign affairs.
Spoken like a true American. What a f**king bullshit habibi!!!

And who recently complained? The American Importing companies. "Our costprices have gone up with 24.6% in the last 36 months" May I remind you TA5 that this kind of short term thinking is like fuel for inflation? Who once wrote "He (or she) that doesn't learn from mistakes made in the past is doomed to relive them..."

Go to your famous "Ivy" Universities. Ask the think tank of America what the effect is on artificial borders? Or lowering exchange rates artificially? You guessed it "Classical Short Term Economic Thinking" Or better known as Bush policy.
Old May 18th 2005, 12:21 pm
UAE Expat

Originally Posted by TA5

And? Talking about over kill on a massive scale? Ever looked at the books of "USA Inc" ? With all that "Monkey Jumping" going on in Washington? I guess the Bush prayer has gone public right? I mean 1+1=3 or 0 if the IRS gets involved.
Old May 18th 2005, 12:28 pm
UAE Expat

Originally Posted by TA5

Sorry TA5, didn't mean it to sound like a personal attack on you. But as I work on the export myself? I'm getting sick and tired of the complaints "Can't you do anything about that crazy Euro?" Crazy Euro? Europe doesn't have a problem, all US Dollar related economies do. Is that so dificult to understand?
Old May 18th 2005, 12:32 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Getting a little worked up there aren't you stoney?

Not so short term, just a typical long lead strategy that will be of benefit in the long term. Well, for us, maybe not for you, but last I checked the US was interfering in foreign affairs too much so now we'll start worrying about ourselves a little bit more.

You need to chill out, I mean, how can the value of the US dollar make people so mad, is it that integral to your own country's economy? Maybe you should get your OWN MONETARY SYSTEM!
Old May 18th 2005, 12:35 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
Sorry TA5, didn't mean it to sound like a personal attack on you. But as I work on the export myself? I'm getting sick and tired of the complaints "Can't you do anything about that crazy Euro?" Crazy Euro? Europe doesn't have a problem, all US Dollar related economies do. Is that so dificult to understand?
What is the problem with the US dollar, as far as i'm concerned, that is the ONLY true US Dollar related economy. Whether other countries choose to tie themselves into the dollar is one thing, but the US is the US, and really doesn't have to worry about how the value of OUR dollar affects countries that depend on it for THEIR USES.
Old May 18th 2005, 12:37 pm
UAE Expat

Originally Posted by TA5
Getting a little worked up there aren't you stoney?

Not so short term, just a typical long lead strategy that will be of benefit in the long term. Well, for us, maybe not for you, but last I checked the US was interfering in foreign affairs too much so now we'll start worrying about ourselves a little bit more.

You need to chill out, I mean, how can the value of the US dollar make people so mad, is it that integral to your own country's economy? Maybe you should get your OWN MONETARY SYSTEM!
Hahaha... And when Bush asked for counter messures while in Europe? America seems to want our products, but a weak Dollar? A "Fortress Europe" that America can't afford to invest in anymore? Should we feel bad if the average American Importer has to pay nearly 25% more for the good stuff? Nope...

You might wanna rethink that "Monetary System" of yours as well. Or even better, retire Alan Greenspan for good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.