Reload this Page >

EU Spouse working in AD

EU Spouse working in AD

Old Nov 20th 2020, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

tulipmaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Question EU Spouse working in AD

Hi All,

Am considering a potential job in AD. Trying to get a sense of opportunities for my spouse. She's multi-lingual with decent experience in Marketing/PR/Travel.

Would appreciate any insight please. Also, is it better for her to try for this before moving or after?

Also, how do spouses staying at home, keep themselves active/productive?

Appreciate your help.

Many Thanks,
TM
Old Nov 24th 2020, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EU Spouse working in AD

Originally Posted by tulipmaker
Hi All,

Am considering a potential job in AD. Trying to get a sense of opportunities for my spouse. She's multi-lingual with decent experience in Marketing/PR/Travel.

Would appreciate any insight please. Also, is it better for her to try for this before moving or after?

Also, how do spouses staying at home, keep themselves active/productive?

Appreciate your help.

Many Thanks,
TM
Their are two languages used in the Middle East, Arabic & English. If she has both of these it will be advantages in finding work although its a tough market. Thousands of airline staff have lost their Jobs many of whom have similar skillsets to your partner. Converting any existing qualification to a teaching one may be one route to work. A lot of the women I know are raising their online profile and developing business opportunities, this seems to be appealing to those looking for career flexibility.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

HI HiHo,

Appreciate your response.

I get that - Travel is out of question at least in the foreseeable. I put that in to cover a wider base - but marketing/PR is her line of work now. No, she doesn't speak Arabic sadly. I was more trying to get a sense of whether the job opportunities in these fields are: (a) available in AD (would have thought likely more in Dubai), and (b) if available, are they open to foreign women at all? We haven't lived in the ME before - so pardon the general apprehensiveness regarding this.

Many Thanks
TM

Old Nov 26th 2020, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

She will be competing with Asians who have Arabic plus English plus their mother tongue. Look at other possibilities. Teaching ?

Last edited by scot47; Nov 26th 2020 at 7:38 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2020, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Hi scot47,

Thanks for weighing in. It is a possibility indeed - not an exciting one for her - but a possibility nonetheless.

Was hoping to hear from other spouses here as well on how they negotiated this issue as have had very mixed feedback offline.

Many Thanks,
TM