Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Etisalat Only isp?

Etisalat Only isp?

Old Apr 30th 2005, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

FaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the roughFaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the roughFaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the roughFaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the rough
Default Etisalat Only isp?

Hello
I was Just wondering is Etisalat the only Internet Service Provider, as i think there dsl "al Shamil" has been performing rather bad for 512k and for the price too i mean in uk you can get 2mb for the price we pay here , if its not will there be any new isps?
Faz
Old Apr 30th 2005, 4:13 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etisalat Only isp?

Nope, well sort of. There is also Sahm, but that is only available to residents of Emaar developments.

As for the rest of dubai, welcome to the world of UAE gov't controlled monopolies. Basically, how they make all their money without taxes.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

FaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the roughFaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the roughFaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the roughFaZtAsTiCleS is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TA5
Nope, well sort of. There is also Sahm, but that is only available to residents of Emaar developments.

As for the rest of dubai, welcome to the world of UAE gov't controlled monopolies. Basically, how they make all their money without taxes.
HAHAHAH nice way of putting it your 100% correct, i have Xbox Live if you havent heard of it, its playing games against other people around the world via xbox through internet. anyways could etisalat be blocking downloadable content off it because me and my freind who play a game called Halo 2, well there are new "levels out" but we go to download them and it doesnt let us could it be etisalat blocking it?
Old May 1st 2005, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by !FaZtAsTiCleS!
HAHAHAH nice way of putting it your 100% correct, i have Xbox Live if you havent heard of it, its playing games against other people around the world via xbox through internet. anyways could etisalat be blocking downloadable content off it because me and my freind who play a game called Halo 2, well there are new "levels out" but we go to download them and it doesnt let us could it be etisalat blocking it?
Yes they could easily be blocking it, as they are in the habit of blocking sites with "inappropriate" content. If you think a site is blocked and shouldn't be then a call to their customer service department should get it unblocked. I don't know how well that works as I use Sahm.

That isn't a picture of your sister at the bottom of your posts is it? :scared:
Old May 1st 2005, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Yes they could easily be blocking it, as they are in the habit of blocking sites with "inappropriate" content. If you think a site is blocked and shouldn't be then a call to their customer service department should get it unblocked. I don't know how well that works as I use Sahm.

LOL
"no comment"
Old May 1st 2005, 9:14 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

i mean in uk you can get 2mb for the price we pay here
Back in the UK, 2Mb would cost you anything from 15-30 quid per month.

As a captive customer of Sahm, I'd have to cough up 150 quid per month for 2Mb :scared:
Old May 1st 2005, 4:31 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

We use Etisilat.... Loada Crap!! We get blocked. Even sites that I was using in the uk are blocked and when I rang the SCD they were most unhelpful.
Old May 1st 2005, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
We use Etisilat.... Loada Crap!! We get blocked. Even sites that I was using in the uk are blocked and when I rang the SCD they were most unhelpful.
People should Teach them a good lesson, oh sorry you cant or we will be "deported"
Money SCROUNGERS
Old May 1st 2005, 5:08 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

People should Teach them a good lesson, oh sorry you cant or we will be "deported"
Money SCROUNGERS

I get P***ed off regular at one thing or another... Including stupid numbnuts that have no idea what lane discipline is! Gotta go with the flow.
Old May 1st 2005, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
I get P***ed off regular at one thing or another... Including stupid numbnuts that have no idea what lane discipline is!
Dont mean to be Rude Im only 16 so i didnt understand that LoL
I wasnt sure if that was at me or the "eat the salad" people
lol
Old May 1st 2005, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

OI!!!! How rude
Old May 1st 2005, 5:34 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

LOL
"no comment"

What do you mean no comment.... It's you Sina
Old May 1st 2005, 5:39 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samireh
What do you mean no comment.... It's you Sina
Now Sami and Sina ready to hit each others
Old May 2nd 2005, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Samireh if you want a fight you know ill win
your not worht the hassle lol
the camel has a familiar odour, its smells like aud de toilet samireh.
hahah SiS you have no chance
Faz