Etisalat/Du

Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:10 pm
Wor Jackie

Jackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really nice
Default Etisalat/Du

Been here for some 6 or so weeks now. I don't understand, i have to go across the road, down the street, turn left then right before I can get any internet access?

And that's the nearest internet cafe?

What's wrong with this country?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:10 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Etisalat/Du

Originally Posted by Jackie Milburn
Been here for some 6 or so weeks now. I don't understand, i have to go across the road, down the street, turn left then right before I can get any internet access?

which part of the city do you live in?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:13 pm
Wor Jackie

Jackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really nice

Originally Posted by zamboooka
which part of the city do you live in?
Near Mankhool.

The speed is disgusting, and that may be why the internet places make so much $$$..

I wonder are they owned by Eti/Du?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

don't think it would be that much better in the uk - it was much further than that to the nearest internet caff when i went home last summer...

You working on getting internet access where you are living...?

MM, xx
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:14 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Near Mankhool.

The speed is disgusting, and that may be why the internet places make so much $$$..

I wonder are they owned by Eti/Du?
Its all owned by Etisalat. Although, I've use their DSL connection... runs pretty well!! and its quite cheap.. i think! so you might wanna go for that.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:29 pm
Wor Jackie

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
don't think it would be that much better in the uk - it was much further than that to the nearest internet caff when i went home last summer...

You working on getting internet access where you are living...?

MM, xx
Mdm M, All my neighbours can get it, the latest excuse from Eti is that there's no room in the "box".

Whatever that is!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Mdm M, All my neighbours can get it, the latest excuse from Eti is that there's no room in the "box".

Whatever that is!
ahh...the old full box excuse eh...!!! bleedin mare...

MM, xx
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:31 pm
Viva la revolucion..

Whatever that is!
some boxes are just too.. umm.. tight! ewww corny joke, sorry! you could call the head office complain.. write about it in the papers.. that usually works, ive heard.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:38 pm
Wor Jackie

Originally Posted by zamboooka
some boxes are just too.. umm.. tight! ewww corny joke, sorry! you could call the head office complain.. write about it in the papers.. that usually works, ive heard.
So I ring the provider (Etisalat) and try to explain to the answer that her box is too tight.

I'll be deported in seconds.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:43 pm
Viva la revolucion..

So I ring the provider (Etisalat) and try to explain to the answer that her box is too tight.

I'll be deported in seconds.
haha, trust me.. they wont even get it!!! so, that'd be funny!! but seriously, I think its quite silly that you cant get internet. Try stopping by their office? Meet some manager or something?
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Mankhool before moving to hell hole city and had a good connection, my box must have been perfect
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:27 am
W10

1, MM - do you stay in a one house village in rural northumberland? Internet cafes every corner you turn in most UK cities.

2, Internet access is nothing short of shocking here, its bad enough that you pay Dh190 for a crappy 512k connection but it usually clocks in at around 350k anyway.

3, etisalat are shite, but sadly du are even shiter.

Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by W10
1, MM - do you stay in a one house village in rural northumberland? Internet cafes every corner you turn in most UK cities.
no, i was staying in Richmond, Surrey...and yeah, there were a couple of internet cafes, but much further a walk than that described by JM here...

MM, xx
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:30 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

[quote]
Originally Posted by W10
Internet cafes every corner you turn in most UK cities.

And not forgetting the library's - there's one a 5 min walk down the road from me, which was a god send whilst waiting to be connected to the internet - 7 working days with BT!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Heart of gold;5119473]

And not forgetting the library's - there's one a 5 min walk down the road from me, which was a god send whilst waiting to be connected to the internet - 7 working days with BT!
yeah the problem with libraries in the UK now is the lack of books!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.