British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Estate Agents in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/estate-agents-dubai-592179/)

Alen1 Feb 18th 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Estate Agents in Dubai

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7297339)

17 IBM have increased ______ profits by 20%.(This example is correct in British English - ask an American what they would say!)

they're

their

there

This example is not correct in British English, whatever it is an American would say.
The correct syntax is: ‘IBM has increased its profits.... ‘

Also, one can only ask an American what he/she/it would say; there would need to be more than one American before one could ask what it is they would say.

Pedantically,

B Bear Feb 19th 2009 3:12 am

85 K in the Springs cheap enough for you?

http://www.dubizzle.com/property-for...s/?from_search

DD21 Feb 19th 2009 4:03 pm

I found Patel and Bombay Reliable to be excellent estate agents....

Blue Cat Feb 20th 2009 6:53 am

a friend of mine viewed a load of villas which she sourced via Gulf News.

NorthernLad Feb 20th 2009 8:23 am

A company were offering 2 bed apartments on The Palm at 200k on 15th February, today same company have them for 150k.

Seems like renting is getting better by the day.

Blue Cat Feb 20th 2009 9:15 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 7304171)
A company were offering 2 bed apartments on The Palm at 200k on 15th February, today same company have them for 150k.

Seems like renting is getting better by the day.

which is great news for me as we don't move til end of June ;)

NorthernLad Feb 20th 2009 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7304294)
which is great news for me as we don't move til end of June ;)

Yeah, another few months from now would be better...but then again we are thankful we were not looking 4 or 5 months ago.

Blue Cat Feb 20th 2009 9:50 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 7304361)
Yeah, another few months from now would be better...but then again we are thankful we were not looking 4 or 5 months ago.

too right!! removal businesses are going to be make a small fortune!

mickf Feb 21st 2009 11:54 am

Hi All,

Been in Dubai a few months Got the wife joining me end of March Any help finding 2 br in the Springs would be very welcome.

Mick:D

Blue Cat Feb 21st 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by mickf (Post 7307532)
Hi All,

Been in Dubai a few months Got the wife joining me end of March Any help finding 2 br in the Springs would be very welcome.

Mick:D

dubizzle.com, full of them :)

mickf Apr 23rd 2009 1:53 am

Hi,

Anyone had dealings with Smith & Ken real estate?

Mick

commander Apr 23rd 2009 2:02 am

Never heard of them. Do it direct from dubizzle...

The Dean Apr 23rd 2009 2:41 am

I recommend a small independent company called Better Homes.

They are honest and reliable, and will always try to negotiate with the landlord for you. They are also very flexible on the number of cheques. Their staff are trained especially to make would-be tenants feel important. They also make sure they strike a good balance between the needs of tenant and landlord.

As a prospective tenant, if you feel the rent being quoted is a little high, they are always willing to pass your concerns on to the owner.

Best of all, once you have agreed the terms of the contract, things always move ahead smoothly, and there are never any unexpected nasty surprises or delays.

TGFKASE Apr 23rd 2009 8:09 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7505642)

They are honest and reliable, and will always try to negotiate with the landlord for you. They are also very flexible on the number of cheques. Their staff are trained especially to make would-be tenants feel important. They also make sure they strike a good balance between the needs of tenant and landlord.

As a prospective tenant, if you feel the rent being quoted is a little high, they are always willing to pass your concerns on to the owner.

Best of all, once you have agreed the terms of the contract, things always move ahead smoothly, and there are never any unexpected nasty surprises or delays.

:blink::blink: Have you changed industries????

Smoochy Girl Apr 23rd 2009 11:43 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7505642)

That's a pile of crap - sorry! We rang Better Homes for weeks - daily - and we never got any bloody answer from them! They are rude, arrogant and totaly worthless.

The only way to save money and find a decent place is either go through adverts placed by landlords or drive up and down the area you want. We did that in Al Barsha - found exactly what we were looking for at 250k payable in advance last year; he also wanted 2 post-dated cheques of the same amount for the next 2 years .......... these have been causing my dude headaches.

So we spoke to our landlord some weeks ago and he agreed to return the cheques, reduce the rent to 180k with NO post-dated cheques because he realises how dangerous PD cheques are, and we pay by monthly cheque like any other part of the world.

Oh and NO estate agents' fee either :thumbup: