British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Estate Agents in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/estate-agents-dubai-592179/)

NorthernLad Feb 18th 2009 5:35 am

Estate Agents in Dubai

We're trying to get some prices for rentals in Dubai before going back to our landlord, and there is a huge disparity between the larger Estate Agents (I've actually seen a 2 bed + study in The Springs for 280k :rofl:) and some of the smaller agents.

I had a conversation with one bloke last night who was fairly straight talking. Told me prices are coming down all of the time, they do not have any idea when they will bottom out. He also said that because of the state of the property market a lot of owners are having to rent quickly, the fewer cheques the better the price (although a lot of new tenants are now only agreeing on 12 cheques).

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations of agents/companies to use?

Meow Feb 18th 2009 8:54 am

Re: Estate Agents in Dubai

Lianne Welford at Parkvale who is a good friend of mine, as well as a decent honest woman who has been here some time and isn't fooled by the hype.

[email protected] 050 940 0864

-

MacScot Feb 18th 2009 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7296900)
Lianne Welford at Parkvale who is a good friend of mine, as well as a decent honest woman who has been here some time and isn't fooled by the hype.

..best to delete and PM this info...else spam email and SMSs could result ;)

commander Feb 18th 2009 9:12 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7296911)
..best to delete and PM this info...else spam email and SMSs could result ;)

well you have just quoted it so youd better delete it also.:D

MacScot Feb 18th 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7296938)
well you have just quoted it so youd better delete it also.:D

haha...very good point...done :o

rowell Feb 18th 2009 9:15 am

I used Choueri Real Estate after being let down badly by Parkvale when I arrived

Blue Cat Feb 18th 2009 10:50 am

NL the real rental prices are on gulf news classifieds, cheapest to be seen on their. All the other sites like Better Homes etc are not printing true rentals, 100% sure of it.

Spugsy Feb 18th 2009 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7297229)
NL the real rental prices are on gulf news classifieds, cheapest to be seen on their. All the other sites like Better Homes etc are not printing true rentals, 100% sure of it.

http://www.better-english.com/easier/theyre.htm

Blue Cat Feb 18th 2009 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7297339)

ok you're a twat you got me again!

Blue Cat Feb 18th 2009 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7297339)

and I scored 100% :thumbup:

Spugsy Feb 18th 2009 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7297388)
and I scored 100% :thumbup:

You simply can't have.

Madam Medusa Feb 18th 2009 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7297753)
You simply can't have.

would have been a bloody disgrace if she hadn't...

MM, xx

Blue Cat Feb 18th 2009 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7297753)
You simply can't have.

I did, because I thought before I wrote, whereas on here I sometime just bang it out and don't check it.

Slingshot Feb 18th 2009 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7297229)

is Gulf News accurate though?
is it not a bit like Loot where they advertise any old rubbish to get the calls in?
conveniently anytime someone calls up one of those adverts it has just been let
or are there private ads on there as well?

StublueKPL Feb 18th 2009 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 7296523)
We're trying to get some prices for rentals in Dubai before going back to our landlord, and there is a huge disparity between the larger Estate Agents (I've actually seen a 2 bed + study in The Springs for 280k :rofl:) and some of the smaller agents.

I had a conversation with one bloke last night who was fairly straight talking. Told me prices are coming down all of the time, they do not have any idea when they will bottom out. He also said that because of the state of the property market a lot of owners are having to rent quickly, the fewer cheques the better the price (although a lot of new tenants are now only agreeing on 12 cheques).

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations of agents/companies to use?

As i mentioned on an earlier thread. There is a 2 bed in the springs for 85k on Dubizzle just now direct from landlord.