Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Estate agents in Doha.... Can You negotiate?

Estate agents in Doha.... Can You negotiate?

Old Jan 28th 2014, 9:10 am
Just Joined

mitchos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Estate agents in Doha.... Can You negotiate?

All set to be in Doha by the end of the week! Company is helping with property however plenty of the flats seem just out of my allowance. Just wondering if when dealing with the estate agents directly you can negotiate on the price? Otherwise I'll be looking at flats/ compounds well out of the city which is not really ideal. Any tips greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mitch
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:44 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estate agents in Doha.... Can You negotiate?

Originally Posted by mitchos
All set to be in Doha by the end of the week! Company is helping with property however plenty of the flats seem just out of my allowance. Just wondering if when dealing with the estate agents directly you can negotiate on the price? Otherwise I'll be looking at flats/ compounds well out of the city which is not really ideal. Any tips greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mitch
Ask on here for the rates of compounds as its a small place maybe someone already lives there or knows someone that does. They are always cheaper than the agent quotes as he typically receives 50-100% of the 1st months rent as their fee. One thing to note, you should pay an agent 0 they are paid by owner.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 5:31 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estate agents in Doha.... Can You negotiate?

Originally Posted by mitchos

Thanks

Mitch
As above, best to avoid the 'agents' here, who will be inept, corrupt and generally unhelpful. When you land, rent a car and visit the numerous new compounds in Abu Hamour and Al Wabb areas. Speak with the security guards at the gate and ask to look at available properties, take things from there. Don't part with any cash, in particular avoid a pay-12months-get-2-free-scam.

A decent compounded villa in these areas will cost QAR18k/m upwards, but they are central and the best areas in Doha to live (my opinion). Add 50% - 100% for West Bay/ The Pearl, which are a bit out-of-town and expensive tat.

[J]