British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Essential oils in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/essential-oils-dubai-606943/)

scales24 May 3rd 2009 8:35 pm

Essential oils in Dubai

I am travelling to Auckland via Dubai in a few weeks and I'm wondering if I'm likely to encounter problems bringing essential oils with me? I've read lots of info on prescription drugs but can't find anything on this.

rowell May 4th 2009 4:06 am

Re: Essential oils in Dubai

Originally Posted by scales24 (Post 7538168)
I am travelling to Auckland via Dubai in a few weeks and I'm wondering if I'm likely to encounter problems bringing essential oils with me? I've read lots of info on prescription drugs but can't find anything on this.

There should be no problem at all with essential oils, however need to put them in yopur case due to the amount of fluids you are allowed to take in your hand luggage in the clear plastic bag 100ml I understand and it can only be perfumes etc

scales24 May 4th 2009 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 7538822)
There should be no problem at all with essential oils, however need to put them in yopur case due to the amount of fluids you are allowed to take in your hand luggage in the clear plastic bag 100ml I understand and it can only be perfumes etc

This is usually individual containers under 100ml (as long as they all fit in the bag & up to 1L total). Or is this different for Dubai? I want to take a 5ml bottle of Chamomile oil to help me sleep on the stopover so this will need to be in my hand luggage. I just want to make sure it's not illegal to carry the stuff or anything like that...
Thanks

Sabriyyah May 5th 2009 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by scales24 (Post 7541080)
This is usually individual containers under 100ml (as long as they all fit in the bag & up to 1L total). Or is this different for Dubai? I want to take a 5ml bottle of Chamomile oil to help me sleep on the stopover so this will need to be in my hand luggage. I just want to make sure it's not illegal to carry the stuff or anything like that...
Thanks

I brought loads over with me when i first came to the Gulf. i carry a peppermint and eucalyptus oil roll-on for headaches on planes and it has never been a problem. Also they are on sale here so am sure you won't have a problem. I didn't know that chamomile oil helps you sleep - i have always tried lavender but it doesn't work for me. i shall have to get some chamomile and give it a go. thanks for the info.

scales24 May 5th 2009 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Sabriyyah (Post 7543932)
I brought loads over with me when i first came to the Gulf. i carry a peppermint and eucalyptus oil roll-on for headaches on planes and it has never been a problem. Also they are on sale here so am sure you won't have a problem. I didn't know that chamomile oil helps you sleep - i have always tried lavender but it doesn't work for me. i shall have to get some chamomile and give it a go. thanks for the info.

Excellent! Lavender doesn't work for me either that's how I got to chamomile

Roadking May 6th 2009 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by scales24 (Post 7543962)
Excellent! Lavender doesn't work for me either that's how I got to chamomile

Beer works for me. 12 pints I sleep like a baby! Snore like a hippo, but I sleep well.