Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Essential Documents

Essential Documents

Old Jul 5th 2008, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

markhighpeak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Essential Documents

I have looking through various official websites after picking this up from the Explorer book:

Application forms, for residency visas, are available from the Immigration Department, they must be typed in Arabic. Then submit the application along with the Essential Documents, medical certificate and Dhs.100. All visa payments must be done with e-dirhams which can be bought on line at www.e-dirhams.ae or at vending machines inside the Immigration department and at typing shops.

and am confused as to what exactly are the essential documents?? I can see that the medical is required, but can anyone please tell me what else is needed, as I would rather get it all together now.

Any help is appreciated
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Essential Documents

Your company should (in theory) advise you as the rules change regularly, often without notice. Generally, company PRO's sort out all the admin for you. Married posters with children can advise you on what you need for your family, but you will definately need your degree certificate.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Essential Documents

Hey Mark, don't panic, your company tends to do all that stuff for you.

You do need all your docs 'attested' though. Check withyour employer if they have a company that will do this for you. Basically, any legal document has to be attested. i.e. degree cerificate, wedding certificates, birth certificates (not sure needed for adults, but DD needed it definitely).

Your driving licences must also be issued from the same country as your passport as well.