Erm, so....

Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:42 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Erm, so....

Right....getting my tenancy contract sorted out through the agent and HR here, they pretty much demand to be down as the name on 'tenancy' but if I really, really, really insist they will let me have my name down as 'occupant'.

This is it, it seems to be this or nothing.

Do I have any rights at all as 'occupant'??
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:48 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Erm, so....

is that not the same as 'tennant'? then basically you will have the same rights as a tennant. Out of interest, ask them if the Landlord comes along and wants to put the rent up 40 grand, will they take him to the rent committee or will you have to do it? Technically if the lease is in their name it is their problem and you would have no say in such a situation. Infact you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

The plus side to this being that if you are evicted they SHOULD find you another home, I don't think that will be the case though. I suppose it is their 'company policy', how much shortfall is there once yours and your Mrs allowances have been put together?? PM me if you want. Just be careful, is all I am saying.

Let's see what Border Reiver thinks, she is better at this sort of stuff then me.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Border Reiver is really, really happy to have bought somewhere to live and so doesn't have to go through this performance on a regular basis.

Border Reiver thinks, with the usual disclaimers, that the occupant of a property has a right to live there- ie they aren't squatting. However, when I've done company lets in the UK (and this isn't the UK, not by a long way), the lease has been done in the name of the company (because they pay the rent) with the employee down as an "occupant" but it specifically states that the "occupant" is not legally recognized as the tenant. Or something like that. Basically, any dispute would be between the landlord and the company, not the person living in the property. It is only their home, after all!

Any problems with the rent committee would in theory be down to the company to sort out but since they aren't paying all the rent, just a fixed amount regardless of how much it goes up by, I suspect they wouldn't be very interested. They don't sound like the most helpful or compassionate of employers anyway. They would probably give you a letter saying you are authorized to act on their behalf and let you get on with it.

This is not a great situation for Spugsy, but he knew that already. Basically if the company name is down as the tenant they should be paying all the rent. If Spugsy is paying the rent after receiving an allowance from the company he should be down as the legal tenant.

Ask the company if they are prepared to act as the tenant in any dispute with the landlord. If they say yes, get it in writing. If they say no, argue that they shouldn't be down as the tenant. If you complain enough I think you might get your own way. I can't see how it matters to the company if they are down as the tenant or you are.

As an aside, if the company is down as the tenant I think you will need no objection letters from them for things like DEWA connection, internet, telephone liquor licence and anything else that requires you to show a tenancy agreement.

Have you considered looking for a new job because to be honest I think you are working for muppets.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered looking for a new job because to be honest I think you are working for muppets
christ he has only just arrived.....at least give him a few months to find out for himself...wait till they dont pay him correctly...
Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:12 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

When we first arrived we thought it was great that the Company had the Lease in their name, no responsibility on our side (although all deposits were then taken out of our salary in one swoop )

but, you can't fart without your company signing to say you can, as Border said. If you want a phone/inet/Dewa, the Company has to apply as they are the Leaseholder, if you want Satelitte TV, you have to get a NOC from the Co, not sure about Liquor Licence, as we don't have one, but sure it'll be the same thing - you'll need a letter from the company stating that you actually live in the accommodation that they are the Leaseholder of.

Life is not your own

As soon as we obtained our own Visas we approached the landlord and requested a transfer from Co to personal - luckily he was obliging

Now, our Housing Allowance is paid to us within our salary each month and then we provided the 4 quarterly cheques to the Landlord - everything's in our name
Old Mar 5th 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

even when your house lease is in your own name you still need an NOC from your company (your sponsor) for things like liquor license...

If its going in the company name (like ours) then they should pay for everything, agents fees, deposits etc..

Its all or nothing...some companies are obviously taking the piss
Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:33 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sinderelle
When we first arrived we thought it was great that the Company had the Lease in their name, no responsibility on our side (although all deposits were then taken out of our salary in one swoop )

but, you can't fart without your company signing to say you can, as Border said. If you want a phone/inet/Dewa, the Company has to apply as they are the Leaseholder, if you want Satelitte TV, you have to get a NOC from the Co, not sure about Liquor Licence, as we don't have one, but sure it'll be the same thing - you'll need a letter from the company stating that you actually live in the accommodation that they are the Leaseholder of.

Life is not your own

As soon as we obtained our own Visas we approached the landlord and requested a transfer from Co to personal - luckily he was obliging

Now, our Housing Allowance is paid to us within our salary each month and then we provided the 4 quarterly cheques to the Landlord - everything's in our name
oh F U C K man!

well there's nowt I can do, I'llhave to bite the bullet and think of nice things to stop me smashing my own head against the wall...
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:56 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
oh F U C K man!

well there's nowt I can do, I'llhave to bite the bullet and think of nice things to stop me smashing my own head against the wall...
it's done now so forget it, I don't know many people who stay with their original employer for longer than a year or so anyway. Enjoy the sun and the nights out and put this all behind you
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

oh F U C K man!

it's not your wall sunshine! Make sure you get an NOC before damaging the structures...
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:42 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by sinderelle

Life is not your own

yeah they've confirmed this about me getting permission from them, so do I have to apply for tv, internet etc and get a letter EEVERY TIME? or do I just get one standard letter to show people?

Man I'm starting to get the RAGE.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:52 am
Concierge

yeah they've confirmed this about me getting permission from them, so do I have to apply for tv, internet etc and get a letter EEVERY TIME? or do I just get one standard letter to show people?

Man I'm starting to get the RAGE.
I think a copy of the tenancy agreement and a standard no objection letter should suffice, along with passport copies and the usual shite
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

there is no way the Tennancy should be in their name if they are not paying the full amount!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
there is no way the Tennancy should be in their name if they are not paying the full amount!
thats just how it works here, everyone has it, in fact only one other person has their name on it, there's a possibility it may change next year,

but I'll believe it when I see it.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:51 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

it's a bit like being on Big Brother...
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:19 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MataHari
it's a bit like being on Big Brother...
I'd have more freedom on BB.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.