British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Entry Exit Permit Qatar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/entry-exit-permit-qatar-688147/)

wolfman1877 Oct 4th 2010 6:47 pm

Entry Exit Permit Qatar

Is the entry exit permit system pretty straight forward or should you insist on a mutil entry exit visa?

My prospective employer is adament that they have a great dedicated immigration dept open 24/7 and I will not need a multi exit permit.

Views appreciated!:confused:

Millhouse Oct 5th 2010 5:19 am

Re: Entry Exit Permit Qatar

Originally Posted by wolfman1877 (Post 8895359)
Is the entry exit permit system pretty straight forward or should you insist on a mutil entry exit visa?

My prospective employer is adament that they have a great dedicated immigration dept open 24/7 and I will not need a multi exit permit.

I would absolutely insist on multiple exit - for me that would be a deal breaker, I would hate to have to ask my employer permission to leave each time. Just seems so wrong.

wolfman1877 Oct 5th 2010 8:47 am

I tend to agree with your views and will push and see what happens.

LaylaD Oct 5th 2010 9:05 am

Find out if they do it electronically or manually, obviously the former is faster should you need to leave in an emergency

still the whole idea of exit permit is ridiculous so try for multiple

co durham boy Oct 5th 2010 9:41 am

I insisted on it as part of the deal , it costs 500 QAR per year , it is electronic and shows up when you pass immigration , i always keep a small laminated copy with me when i travel just case the inevitable happens.

Before i had it i had to apply 48 hrs in advance of travelling and we have a very very good P.R.O.
It does give some peace of mind as you could really get stuck or messed about if lets say you were working for a cowboy outfit and believe you me there's an awful lot of them down here in Doha...!

wolfman1877 Oct 5th 2010 9:10 pm

Hi thanks for the info.

The outfit runs an electronic visa system and is available 24/7. My view is that I will insist on a mutlti visa as I dont want to have the hassle of having to request approval every time I wish to leave the country especially as i will be on single status and my family will be at home and i wish to get back every 5-6 weeks for a few days..