Reload this Page >

English Learning....

English Learning....

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat080 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation English Learning....

Hi dears,

I cann't speack English well, kindly any body here would help me to learn English or give me some advices can help me to learn, Formal English and Slang English, please.......

Thanks so much in advance...
I wish you a nice day.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Learning....

Originally Posted by Miladassaf
Hi dears,

I cann't speack English well, kindly any body here would help me to learn English or give me some advices can help me to learn, Formal English and Slang English, please.......

I wish you a nice day.
best advice is to meet up with english speakers to practise...where are you living...?

MM, xx
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

One day I want to move to the UK just to learn the Hugh Grant accent
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 3:17 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euc-
One day I want to move to the UK just to learn the Hugh Grant accent
yeah... we all speak like him.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
yeah... we all speak like him.
you mean you don't?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:17 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euc-
you mean you don't?
well, personally, yes, I like to speak in a rakish, manly voice, with just a hint of public school and clipped enunciation...
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:31 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

well, personally, yes, I like to speak in a rakish, manly voice, with just a hint of public school and clipped enunciation...
I have a more Terry-Thomas type accent....

I say, would you like a ride in my Morgan???
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat080 is an unknown quantity at this point

Up to now I didn't usefull your posts
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:38 pm
ex-expat

Up to now I didn't usefull your posts
MM's post was surely slightly helpful?!

If I were you, I'd first look to doing a basic English course (if you feel that you need to learn the basics), then just get out and speak English to people in everyday situations. Ask if you don't understand something and don't be afraid to make mistakes.

Lastly, carry on with this Bored. It's exactly the kind of banter and slang that you find on here that will help you to learn... it's all (almost) in context and you can read it over and over and/or look things up if you don't understand first time around.

Hmmm... and "formal" English is becoming rarer and rarer. English isn't like most other languages where there are different words for "you" (for example) depending on how formally you want to address a person (we used to have this differentiation, but got rid of it). The formality of our language relies more on the choice of vocabulary and tone.

I hope this helps a bit...
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

mikeleavingoz is an unknown quantity at this point

I tutor and teach English. If you are in Sharjah or Dubai PM me. Something tells me you might be in AD though
Mike.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 2:03 am
Banned

international is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dears,

I wish you a nice day.
No need to ask these sarcastic idiots for advice as you may have found out for yourself by now. They will make fun of you at your weakest moment, these idiots that are making fun of you don't know the Engligh langauge themelves, why bother. Do what most of us are still doing, read, read and read, history books that you enjoy and your favorite genuine newspapers not tabloids of course.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:42 am
ex-expat

Originally Posted by international
No need to ask these sarcastic idiots for advice as you may have found out for yourself by now. They will make fun of you at your weakest moment, these idiots that are making fun of you don't know the Engligh langauge themelves, why bother. Do what most of us are still doing, read, read and read, history books that you enjoy and your favorite genuine newspapers not tabloids of course.
Well, I don't make a point of making fun of people at their weakest points... especially if they are in the process of learning something. I've been there and know how demoralising (as well as completely unnecessary) it is.

Nothing wrong with reading tabloids, by the way - it's all good insight into popular culture, just as you take what they say with a pinch of salt. Reading history books, although worthwhile, won't help learn slang, like the OP asked for.

Anyhow, consider this post troll-bait. Here, boy, come and take a bite!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:47 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I don't make a point of making fun of people at their weakest points... especially if they are in the process of learning something. I've been there and know how demoralising (as well as completely unnecessary) it is.

Nothing wrong with reading tabloids, by the way - it's all good insight into popular culture, just as you take what they say with a pinch of salt. Reading history books, although worthwhile, won't help learn slang, like the OP asked for.

Anyhow, consider this post troll-bait. Here, boy, come and take a bite!
have a look at his other posts...mr Angry himself it seems...
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by international
chip ... shoulder?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:05 am
ex-expat

Originally Posted by MataHari
have a look at his other posts...mr Angry himself it seems...
ouch, yes. Well, we can count on an unbiased opinion from him then! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.