Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirati looking for private English teacher

Emirati looking for private English teacher

Old Oct 30th 2011, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold
Default Emirati looking for private English teacher

Hi, hoping someone can help me with this...

One of my Emirati clients (Abu Dhabi based, but I think his weekend home is in Al Ain) asked me today how he would find a full-time English teacher to live in his home and teach English to his children.

On asking a few questions: he would prefer full-time/live-in as he has space, and it solves travelling to work problems. He doesn't mind male or female. He'd prefer someone from England as he thinks British-English is better than American-English (my interpretation is that someone with a strong British regional accent would not be welcome!). He'd sponsor visas etc, and do it all legally. I checked whether he was really thinking of a nanny, but he was very clear he wanted someone qualified to teach English, and not a child-carer. My feeling is he'd rather find someone already in-country, as he'd probably like to meet him/her first for an interview, and I wasn't sure that he was thinking of flying applicants across.

I don't work in the Education sector, and have no idea how to find someone suitable - can anyone advise?! Is there a teacher's website where he (or I, if necessary - but I'd rather he did this himself!) can post a job-advert?

Thanks.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all
Default Re: Emirati looking for private English teacher

He is unlikely to get someone in country at this stage of the year, unless someone is desperately unhappy at their current school. Local hire would only come from a married couple and the wife/husband would not want to live in.
Best to go through any of the below, there is another one, but I can't remember the website.
http://www.tutors-international.com/
http://www.educatorsoverseas.com/privatetutors.html
http://www.tutors-international.net/
Old Oct 30th 2011, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Great thanks - will look at those and forward the links to him. I'm not sure what his timeframe is, and he might be able to wait.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 30th 2011, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Any idea how much he is willing to pay? I am quite willing to give up my job at the moment but I am expensive lol
Maths teacher, but also pgce says I can teach English, don't have an accent and can spell British English
Old Oct 30th 2011, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

I hear the tutors from Tutors International are excellent.

:P
Old Nov 15th 2011, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

londonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant future

Hello, are you still looking?

I am female, British, a native English speaker, have 2 degrees, a TEFL Certificate and 20 years of teaching experience.

I once tutored a Saudi Arabian princess age 11 and have worked with children from age 4 upwards. I have also taught adults, including high profile executives.

I am looking for a private tutor/governess position in the Middle East (with a Middle Eastern family) and am available immediately. However, I am currently in London and would need visas and flights to be part of the package. I would also need to discuss salary levels.

I can foward certificates of qualifications, a cv and a photo if this would be of interest to your contact, and we could conduct an interview via Skype
Old Nov 15th 2011, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by londonyvonne
Hello, are you still looking?

I am female, British, a native English speaker, have 2 degrees, a TEFL Certificate and 20 years of teaching experience.

I once tutored a Saudi Arabian princess age 11 and have worked with children from age 4 upwards. I have also taught adults, including high profile executives.

I am looking for a private tutor/governess position in the Middle East (with a Middle Eastern family) and am available immediately. However, I am currently in London and would need visas and flights to be part of the package. I would also need to discuss salary levels.

I can foward certificates of qualifications, a cv and a photo if this would be of interest to your contact, and we could conduct an interview via Skype
I've sent you a PM.

For others - I don't know if he is still looking, but happy to forward e-mail addresses to him if anyone is interested.